My new "cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Todd, sorry to hear about the leak.....hope the floor isnt damaged by the water....
Kudo's to Big T for hooking you up with the tank. Very cool. Its good to have friends in times like that...

Nick

maxx said:
Todd, sorry to hear about the leak.....hope the floor isnt damaged by the water....
Kudo's to Big T for hooking you up with the tank. Very cool. Its good to have friends in times like that...

Nick

Tank came from Marine Dreamer (Trevor) BigT hooked me up with the patches and made me a stand for my skimmer. It is great to have Reef friends in time of trouble, guys always know when and if you need help I will be there as well!

Ahh...my apologies guys...still good to have helping hands...

Nick

Got DaBeast filled last night, still need more to fill the display tank to the rim but at least I was able to get DaBeast filled and fired up. There's about 60g in the sump now :D

Completely up and running...Big thanks to all that had a part in getting my leaking/flooding problem taken care of...that's what makes the hobby so great :D

I think I'd be a bit worried if I wasn't getting lots of skimmate now after having no sump/skimmer for the past 5 days :shock: Now just think of how much I would be getting if it were an even larger skimmer ;)

I'm trying to get a biger skimmer now, I'm guessing twice the size I should get a good cup full for some time, your sump is looking good very clean.

Scooterman said:
I'm trying to get a biger skimmer now, I'm guessing twice the size I should get a good cup full for some time, your sump is looking good very clean.
I'm just so grateful to have a real sump now, now I can start thinking about the good stuff like a larger skimmer (externally plumbed) Calcium reactor, Kalk reactor...the list goes on :p If only the money did :lol:

Hey I finally got too jealous of all these cubes and built one for myself. I went with 36 x 36 x 22 ( so It's not really a cube ) but I love the square shape. If I had a floor I trusted I would have made it 60 x 60 ! :rolleyes: I'll post pics of it soon.

Anyway, Big Tom and I have hammered out a deal and are putting our heads together on building skimmers and calcium reactors. I plan on dropping off a prototype to Indoor Reef, Blue Sierra, Saltwater City, The Sharks Reef, Ocean Reef Aquatics and Aquarium Paradise next month. If you have not purchased one by then please swing by and examine ours in action. I hope you are enjoying your cube as much as I am coming to love mine!

Welcome to the "cubish" club! Yeah I'm lov'n mine, and the oceans motions is great as well. I've been keeping an eye on your setup...looking good so far, keep up the good work!

i got linked to this thread from RC.com i looke through the whole thing. man enough little set backs w/ leaks and such at the start but looks amazing now. i have always liked cube tanks...and this one is NICE.

keep posting pics as it progresses.
Great job BTW
Lunchbucket

lunchbucket. This setup in nice. I saw it in person a month or so ago. always nice to see a well planned tank.

Ok Brad you are right it's time for some updates...though I'm a bit embarrassed by the bryopsis problem. I hope to get it under control with the addition of a kalkreactor though.

algae is part of having a reef tank. Just 1 small thing you need to overcome. looks great. Are you going to get a kalkreactor soon? The lions look happy.

Very well done! Very nice!

So is the idea of the kalk reator helping algae issues to help maintain CA levels and in turn spur corraline growth to compete for nutrients?

I have never seen lionfish in a reef tank before and I love the exotic flare they give!

The kalk reactor will help me to maintain my CA and increase my Ph, it's the increased Ph that is needed for the reduction of the bryopsis, it's the only thing that I have heard that will get rid of it.

jlehigh said:
I have never seen lionfish in a reef tank before and I love the exotic flare they give!
I've grown pretty attached to my lionfish though they do make aquascaping a bit of a challenge they have done great in the reef tank. I have been told they can't handle the intense light...like they never encounter that out on the reefs :lol: I have also been told they will do poorly in the high flow rates required for an SPS tank...they love the flow, and play in the current on a regular basis :D

Back