Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Corals are doing well, great growth. Fish doing wonderful as well, getting along great.
What would I do differently? Would NOT dose phyto/zooplankton to a new tank. Nor would I use Reef Roids. Something has caused an issue with my SB that I've yet to be able to clear up completely. But it has gotten better.
Changes, maybe one. A bigger stand. Mainly for sump reasons. It's a pretty tight fit, hard to get at the skimmer/sock. Plus if I wanted to add things like a doser, reactors or controllers I've no where to put them :(
That's about it.

Tomorrow's new arrivals! Traded my T5 unit for them :) Talk about exciting!! Lol
Multi color favia
Green pavona
Orange psammacora
Idaho grape monti
Chalice
Orange pavona
Green w/red eye chypastrea
Goniopora
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419128808.326606.jpg

They should do very well. The goniopora is the only iffy one. I have never been able keep them for long but then again i run pretty low nutients.

As I understand it.....you need to run a bit of a dirty tank to keep them. I run pretty much 0 on nitrate, phosphate. If you run moderate nutrients you should be good. In my experience I was able to keep them for about 6 months before they would shrivel up.

I was gonna get my 1st goni, last time i went coral shopping. I didnt. Lol Just recently did I get my 1st elegance coral. When your ready and comfy nana. Can't wait to see ur new stock!
D

Thanks guys!! My first new corals in a year, so ya I'm a little excited-lol. Also all of these are totally new for me, in that I've never kept anything like them. Any advise is much welcomed :)

Idk how long uve been in the hobby nana...but one thing i will suggest is. Just cuz its a high light coral. Dosent mean put it in ur tank up high and blast it with a bunch of ur light. Place it low or on a frag rack where it can get used to everything like parameters and light for a week or two. Than place it in its final resting spot or where u want it. I run my lights 100%, so its just based off my exp.
hths
d

Been reefing for almost 6yrs :) Never really got into SPS. But know enough on proper acclimation.
Bought this lil rack just for this occasion.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190671.740546.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190682.887923.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190693.222684.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190707.507086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419190722.024139.jpg

Looks good! You will do fine with sps, just keep numbers constant (alk,cal) and run a good skimmer with a little flow.... Voilà, you'll be trading sps frags in no time!

Wow what did you use to shoot that? It's really clear. Love the christmas favia!

Haha I kept trying to catch the Gramma but she/he's busy digging out under the rock. Then with a mouth full of sand its spitting it out all over my corals. Yeah I have a baster close by :)

tike-I shot this with my iPhone 4s. The Favia I've had for close to 6yrs. Have given away 4 frags already. With 2 left, 1 of which belongs to @mfinn :)

Back