Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

After thinking a little more on the use of a 5 gallon shop vac, I know that when I use mine, as it gets close to being full ( maybe 4 gallons) it starts to blow water back out the exhaust port.
So,, atleast mine won't suck up a full 5 gallons.

After thinking a little more on the use of a 5 gallon shop vac, I know that when I use mine, as it gets close to being full ( maybe 4 gallons) it starts to blow water back out the exhaust port.
So,, atleast mine won't suck up a full 5 gallons.

That is a very handy bit of info to have-lol. Thank you very much! :)

I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case you were planning on getting a full 5 gallons exactly out of the unit. ( which ever one you get ).

Also something to think about, do you have access to any of the 200 gallon buckets we use to be able to get salt in?
They are about 6 gallons.
I still have a few of them kicking around.
I've had to loan out buckets on occasion and people will usually ask for those, but I tend to not want to let those ones go. lol

Yeah, RC doesn't come like that anymore. I just got the 200g box. Emptied 3 bags into an RC bucket and just about filled it up.

Fwiw I just purchased off the auction site an aquarium siphon with a lil hand pump on the end.
I couldn't find my turkey baster and this will help with my wc hopefully to. I'm tired of the pump with the hose and plugging it in and such. We will c.
D

Well water change is done. Took almost a full 5g just from the over flow chamber alone. Didn't think it was that big. My sump has to hold at least 10-13g, that's cool.
I used a small mj400 to remove/add the water. Took a total of 20min. I like that.
So I'll see tomorrow if I get a diatom bloom like I was getting. New filters/DI resin and no disturbing of the DT.

All's well. Haven't lost any of the new corals...yet. My SCA-301 Skimmer is working wonderfully. Haven't noticed an big changes in my DT since removing the sock. Still tempted to put it back on.
Dosing BRS 2part @10ml 2x daily. Keeping parameters nice and steady. ALK 8.4, CA 430 and mag 1360. Can't wait to get a doser.
Planning on adding an Emerald Crab to my fuge, got a bunch of bubble algae in there. Plus need a lil sum sum to help keep it a little cleaner.
That's about it for now :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421902823.237364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421902835.923734.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421902851.987625.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421902870.588860.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421902902.957797.jpg

Back