Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Pink eye I don't think is the name. Just wat I was describing it as. Lol
I'm just now getting comfy with chalice coral. I typically don't do well with em. Gonna wait for mfinn or others 2 chime in.
:/
D

Thank you dude :) Is placement/care basically the same for the BGM, Pink Eye? I was told that it's a Mummy Eye.

BGM is Bubble Gum Monster ( chalice).
There is some confusion between the BGM and the Mummy Eye Chalice.

I found my BGM chalice does better down low on a rock that it can encrust on.

It's another one I would take off the frag plug and glue to a rock. It will help it grow to a more natural shape other than the perfect round shape of the frag plug.

Well I set up my new Jebao doser tonight. Man I'm soooo freaking nervous!! You think I would have done this earlier so's I could see it run before bed right. Noooo that would have been to much like right-ugh!!
It was actually pretty easy to set up/program. Just need to get some sort of stand. I'll keep ya'll posted come tomorrow morning when first dose happens at 9am :)
Otherwise all is well with the tank.
50e03e18e019d49ee688efa19b8fb8ec.jpg

Well ran into a tiny glitch. Didn't have pump 1 (CA) calibrated correctly. Fixed that. Have NO idea what the second set of numbers of the calibration mode means. In my case it reads like this, 100ml = 166. This is the same for both pumps being used.
Nor am I 100% sure that each dose is 10ml. Anyone with an easy way to find this out LMK please.

For sure going to be doing a lot of testing over the next couple weeks. Things have been so stable of late, really don't want to mess this up.

Anyways stay tuned for further updates :)

Well ran into a tiny glitch. Didn't have pump 1 (CA) calibrated correctly. Fixed that. Have NO idea what the second set of numbers of the calibration mode means. In my case it reads like this, 100ml = 166. This is the same for both pumps being used.
Nor am I 100% sure that each dose is 10ml. Anyone with an easy way to find this out LMK please.

For sure going to be doing a lot of testing over the next couple weeks. Things have been so stable of late, really don't want to mess this up.

Anyways stay tuned for further updates :)

Is the 10ml a 24 hr dose?

Just as a test run, I would set it up, but have the flow go into a glass or other container that could be measured.
Do a 24 or 48 hour test run. ( or longer)

It's 10ml 2x daily, morning & night. I'll use a small ml cup and catch the dosage before it enters the tank. At least this way I'll know and still be able to dose :)

Well this sucks. Woke up this morning to a dead clam :( Plus it's official, I hate my ROCK!! Having a %#@&$ of a time placing my corals on it-ugh!!! Plus this freaking hot spot in the middle, which just so happens to be where my clam was placed.

Sorry to hear about your loss! :frown: Hope you get that hot spot dialed in! Hang in there.

Sorry to hear about the loss.
Clams can be finicky sometimes.

As far as coral placement, are you just trying to balance the coral on the rock or are you using glue?

Oh I'm using glue when I can find the appropriate spot. That's why I hate my rock though, no appropriate spots!
For some reason I hate having corals on the SB. But I'm trying to adjust-lol.

Oh I'm using glue when I can find the appropriate spot. That's why I hate my rock though, no appropriate spots!
For some reason I hate having corals on the SB. But I'm trying to adjust-lol.

I'm not a fan of placing corals long term on the sand too, but seem to grow better down there. Mostly lower light stuff, but you know that.
Looking at the latest picture of your tank, the rock ( IMO) looks great. Lots of character and shape

Back