Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

+1wow nice. I think that's the best pic I've seen. I like white light
Looookin good Nana.
P.s. those stickers came today.
D

Thank you! The filters have taken out all the blue. It's actually a little more blue looking to the naked eye. Not much though, I don't like a lot of blue.

Last edited:
Thank you spieszak. Over a year old and still no coralline on the rock. Very strange right?

the 180 has had lights on the rocks for 8 months or so, and i'm seeing my first coralline now. i think when you move corals into a new tank, they outcompete it... but, doesn't much matter what i think.. ;)

Well I do believe my Fungia is on the mend. Thought for sure I was gonna lose it. Stopped target feeding it LRS is the only thing I've done different. Colors coming back and showing much better PE.
13449a2d235d60f790f7adaed85e044a.jpg

My montipora's don't like to be target fed at all. I target feed my acans and hairy mushrooms but that is about it.

Sadly I've lost my Pocillopora to STN, even worse looks like my Purple Stylo is also on its way out. This hurts, I've had them for almost a year :(

Agreed, looking really nice.
Is it the filter that makes your sand appear purple, or were you running with mostly actinic/purple lighting when you took the pics?

Little update. So I've been battling what I believe to be Diatoms for quite some time. During a process of elimination I've decided to hold off on my normal bi-weekly water changes.
It has now been 23 days. All signs of Diatoms are gone and honestly my tank hasn't looked better.
Does this mean that the issue is with my water, salt mix or what? How do I find out which one? It's not my socks. Changing them causes no issues. Something is definitely up with one of the two. TDS from RO/DI unit, storage and ATO all read 0, brand new meter too.

The mystery continues......

did you ever get the silicate test kit? be interesting to see what that looks like from tap, filtered and storage water.
i would maybe look into the silicate buster membranes they sell. silicate won't always show in tds, at least thats how i understand it..

Back