Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

No I didn't get one yet. Definitely on my shopping list. Don't know how much longer I can go without a WC. It's bothering me inna big way. But my SB looks so good-lol.

Well hell inna hand basket. My Enchanada decided to go to war with my lil Lobo. The Lobo lost :(
On a side note, Salifert silicate test kit came. Both tank & RO/DI reservoir reading 0
40f04bd4884db2d06c447a25f70ac911.jpg

Thank You. If you were to see it in person you'll be wrinkling your nose. Almost two years now I've been plagued with a sand bed that looks like this..UGH!!
b612acb5564bd10a255a57ef0fb0d8c6.jpg

da645b05a08dd2cc4c172349ccabab43.jpg

We no longer have an LFS that sells SW. Everything must be ordered online and living where I do I fear a bunch of DOA's due to cold weather.
FedEx & UPS are not very dependable. I often pay for 2 days shipping and usually get it by the 4th or 5th day.

Well I tried the h2o2 remedy. Mistakingly overdosed. Wound up killing my Cleaner Shrimp and my Candy Cane looks like crap. I'm no longer dosing, did a WC. Just totally frustrated...

I remember you saving for that sand... so, I understand the hesitance, but have you considered just siphoning it all out?

Oh yeah I've considered it. Unfortunately can't do nothing till tax return. I definitely don't wanna go bare bottom.
Look what happened to my Fire & Ice Zoas! Finally opened up and I see this. Morphed to orange centers!
f757f0f972fb2abda6d41cf0fbcb71a4.jpg

Reefing...it's a state of mind.

Cool! I wonder if the h2o2 actually 'bleached' the orange.
You just really hate the look of bare bottom?

be interesting to see how they bounce back...
i am not big on bare bottom tanks either, but once the corraline covers, they aren't so bad...

It's more about the life within the SB that I'd miss most. That and my Conch and Nassarius Snails I love so much depend on a SB.

Reefing...it's a state of mind.

i agree on the conch, but the nass don't actually need sand. they probably prefer it, but they will live just fine in the rocks....

Back