Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

141fdfbaaf6407e4b8ffcee9d45a8211.jpg

cacc1aaece82aa24a784c8df0af79163.jpg

aed434f99c1ba9534df04346e6c329be.jpg

788541331aa44f225fef8a0c1c3c1713.jpg

Nice pics.
I have some of that green cyphastrea too.

I'm assuming the light schedule is working like you want it?

The schedule is working perfectly! :)

On another note, I've got to do something with this BN. It's just to big-lol.

Last edited:
This light acclimating is really hard. Tank looks so dark. I know I gotta do it but it's ugly :(

There might be a way to get around that for a while.
If you still have the laptop.
You could go to a couple of the top points in the schedule and click on them and change the color temp to a 16k or 14k and maybe have a whiter color than the stock program for a few hours a day.
Might make the tank look a little brighter.

That's what I did in my program ( high growth). I have the 2 high points set to a 20k look. Then I created a 3rd high point right in the middle of the day and made it a 16k.
IDK. Just a thought.

I'm sure there is a way around it but I'm determined to leave the light alone-lol. A good lesson in patients.
Unless my corals start to show signs of bleaching anyways. So far this morning they all look good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a 5 1/2g WC yesterday. Today the SB is looking better than usual. Usually within 24hrs it's covered once again in "stuff".
Removed more sand, more bubble algae and 3-4 spaghetti worms. Didn't realize just how many of them I have. So far I've removed about 6-7. Still seeing several more.
My Acans are looking crappy. No where near as inflated as usual. Zoas are looking good. BN still browning. A Chalice I thought for sure was a goner seems to be on the mend.

Well it's not so much on purpose but by removing sand they are getting sucked up.
Was looking last night and counted 7 just up front. I've got a lot of em!

Oh, OK. I ordered them special for my DSB. I'm glad to hear they haven't made it on to the "don't keep" list without me hearing about it. :)
How is the birdsnest that you moved doing?

No they're definitely good for the SB. I've just got a lot of them.
As for my BN, it's trying to adjust to the new lighting so the skin is totally brown. Polyps are still green though. Under bluer lighting the skin almost looks lavender, which is what it was when I first got it.
e9ab7b1add8852d0a6f7bc618fa81959.jpg

803ce48d03a43556507cb396b6b4cade.jpg

Ya know I had hopes with this build. That it would be better than my last. It's bigger, better equipment same if not more dedication.
Yet I've lost more corals then ever before. Have struggled with SB issues for over a year. Have yet to see a pod of any kind and zero coralline on my rock.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get my tank to look like yours?

Ya know I had hopes with this build. That it would be better than my last. It's bigger, better equipment same if not more dedication.
Yet I've lost more corals then ever before. Have struggled with SB issues for over a year. Have yet to see a pod of any kind and zero coralline on my rock.

What am I doing wrong that I can't get my tank to look like yours?

Sorry you are losing corals. Sometimes no matter what we do, things for no particular reason, go down hill.
As far as the coralline, I have very little in my 233, where I use leds.
Now my 50 which has T5, grows coralline pretty good.
I'm not saying it's leds, but just making the comparison.

Fish eat pods, so if you haven't replenished them lately, that might be a reason.

And last, I gave up trying to make my tanks look like others I thought were cool. I usually failed terribly.
I get corals that I like, and see which ones I'm good at, with the amount of care I want to give.
And just when I think I've got it down, nature comes up with slap up side my head and reminds me I'm not always in charge.

One of my prize favias, a ppe favia had a losing fight with a chalice that I'm not terribly fond of last night and is about half mush.
My fault. I put them too close together.

And from where I sit, I see good growth.
Corals are getting bigger, some are looking great.

But I can't figure out the sand bed issue.

Yahoo my Reef Link came this morning! Now I'm afraid to set it up because of all the issues I've been reading about :(

I can see your point, but one thing to consider, with all the complaints you see, how many are user error?
Also something else to consider, how many happy customers are there out there that just use the product and see no reason to post anything.

My Radions, Vectras, and MP40's are all working fine, but I haven't felt the need to get online just to make a post about them. ( till now lol)
If someone asks me how mine are working, I will tell them.

I say jump into it and give it a go.
If you have a problem or need help call EcoTech.

I've been tempted to try one also. I want to get into ESL via the Reeflink and setup programs for my closed loop and MP40's.
But since I have a laptop to control the Radions, I just haven't yet.

I've got to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my tank Marty. My poor 7yr old Favia looks like crap, loosing my Stylo, Birds Nest completely brown and my poor once beautiful Idaho Grape got majorly messed up by the BN hanging on it.
Pics will follow so you can see what I'm looking at....
It's when I'm up close that I notice all that is wrong.

Back