Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They glowing!!
7bbc59314ee17fb5e5e488a27841307e.jpg

19804171e33b7cb729347b520129744e.jpg

4a7760b248068f4c55d6f21dd6e8ddfa.jpg

bb658d2cbad36c9b0e2e27d362950dae.jpg

956e5a8683af52c32afe714ffbfd6b16.jpg

Your blenny has final say in where frags go too? My starry will spend days tail whipping a frag if need be if its on a 'shelf' he likes to sit on...

Yeah he's a lil bugger for sure. Doesn't touch the corals on the rock. But whenever I put the frag rack in he'll find one he likes and go for it.

I watched mine one day. It felt just like this
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UoUEQYjYgf4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Guess I spoke to soon. SB is a mess. Now I'm wondering if it was the old lights at all. Stupid me made two changes at once and now I'm not sure which ones to blame.
I thought it was the light after it went away when I started using the Radion. Not taking into consideration I had also started using IO mix.
Now the Radion is once again running and I'm back using RC. It's got to be the salt mix. Thing is last month I bought a new 200g box of RC, ugh.

So I have 2 choices. Try the new box of RC mix? Go back to the IO mix? I have about 10g left of the IO.

Or, hold the course.... the radio hasn't been back on the tank that long has it? If you make another change now, isn't it going to be just as confusing?

Radion started again on the 18th. Did a 5g WC on the 17th. Due for another on the 31st. That's why I'm wondering about the salt mixes.

For more than a year now, i've been using half RC half io. I ordered 6 boxes of salt. Meant to order rc, ordered io. Didn't want to try to deal with it, so, I bucked up and ordered 6 more, and have been running half and half since. I don't notice any difference......

I feed zero flake. Reef Frenzy only and once a week I target the Watchman some NLS pellets.
If it's Cyano, it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It is light brown under any lighting. Gently binds the sand grains together. Is found no where else but the SB. Not slimy looking either. Just looks like dark gold dust.
I'm going to use what IO I have left. Hopefully enough for a 10g WC. That should tell me if it's the mix or not.
When I switched last time by the second WC my SB was almost clean.

Back