Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

7e08bf82d958b2ce16becf2d855e9a80.jpg

Nothing to write home about-lol. Wonder if my salt mix sits to long. A 200g box lasts me for over a year.

I'm sure a year isn't bad.
Speaking to that, I just picked up some salt recently.
Didn't notice anything until a few days later, but when I looked closer at the open box, the bags were really yellow and the salt was hard as a rock.
Same with the closed box. seems the salt was 4-5 years old. So I went onto the manufactures website and found a question form and asked if this salt was still good or should be tossed.
I also asked just how long they consider RC to be good.
That was middle of last week. Haven't heard back yet.

:(
Don't give up hope, they find a way sometimes.

Side note, if you all keep posting, people are going to think this is a forum or something... (its cool to see this many posts!)

I posted the residue question on Instant Oceans FB page. Haven't received an answer either.

I did get a answer about my issue with hard salt.
This is what they said:

Hello Martin,

Thank you for contacting us. Salt is salt so it doesn’t really “go bad” per se. However, the salt that is rock hard, will be very difficult to get to mix properly. It can be done, but you will need to break it up well with a hammer and mix more vigorously and/or much longer than normal. Any salt that is not hard should be perfectly fine.

I've been keeping an eye on my Fancy Brittle Star. He hangs within reaching distance to the Chalice. I'm wondering if he was touching it last night to cause such quick tissue recession. It was doing so well.
No the green algae isn't new. I believe it's actually Coralline algae. It's in a few other areas as well, all lower light areas. It's kinda pretty. Very bright. Not slimy nor fuzzy at all.

Seeing as it's lights out, I took it out and cut away the dead. Glued the remainder onto a small plug and set it back on the frag rack. In the morning I'll find a spot for it.
I'm pretty dang sure it was my Fancy Brittle Star's curiosity that caused the issue. Sure enough as soon as I took the Chalice off the rock one of his arms was searching all over the area, like it was looking for it.

try feeding it. I mean, it really does look like its on its way out... last ditch effort..
NLS pellet will work.....

Back