Nana's 40B

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I believe pods just need an area of refuge, where flow is not too much, safe from predators. In my case, i dont use chaeto, but what i did was collect rubbles or dead sps or any stony corals and put them in a makeshift basket. See image, its on the right side, where overflow comes in.

Hmmm.... I cant remember now how to attach image from a different server. Seems, github, google drive, and reeffrontiers does not work.

C

Attachments

• IMAG1556.jpg
    IMAG1556.jpg
    45.7 KB
ok... maybe I don't really want one then. LOL
We have a frag swap coming up. Maybe I will find on there

I agree.
I know you have a on going issue with the sand bed, but your corals are loving what you are doing.

Thanks guys! Guess that's why my SB issue bothers me so much. Kinda takes away a little bit of the joy of looking at my tank. Happy beautiful corals sitting on an ugly a$$ SB-lol.

I know you don't like bare bottom, but once the coralline covers it, its not that bad... It might be worth seeing if it will grow on you, at least for a while...

That's another thing @spieszak I've zero Coralline in this tank. After a 2wk H2O2 treatment it all died off. At least what I had on the back wall & overflow box did. Never did have any on my rock. I think all the LPS/SPS & Clam suck up to much calc for the Coralline to take hold.

Is your Mg a problem at all? Lack of corraline is a strange one. I'd be perfectly happy with that problem though...

Haven't tested mag in a while. I'll do so today. Calc/ALK have both been pretty stable. Figured my WC keep the mag up, plus I dose 30ml of mag once a month-lol. Probably not the best thing to do.

Back