No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The green stuff is star polyps. I should have glued them lower down. They don't grow nearly as fast since they are so close to the surface. I wanted to cover the back wall entirely with them.

As for the LEDs the softies and LPS do fine but they REALLY grow SPS. My fixture also has two t5's. I was talking to somebody and they mentioned that LPS and Softies may not like LED because they don't put any UV, so maybe my success is with the addition of UV thanks to the t-5s. Who knows.... Thanks for the complements BTW. What kind of lighting did you go with?

Posted via Tapatalk on iPhone 4.

I am going with the new brand Rafal is carrying since he quit with pac-sun, ordered through Barrier Reef. Due to the length of my tank I went with the 3 separate modules, so no T5. I basically have three mounds of rock in my aquascape in my 8' tank so am going put the lighting over each rock mound. I have been thinking I may need some supplemental lighting in between. Currently I am using PC lighting in between my 3 halide bulbs, maybe I will just leave that in place . . .

That is a cool idea with the star polyp!

WOW! Looks awsome Bret, dig your choice in livestock... very similar to what I have in mine... We rogue reefers think alot alike. I will definitely have to make it down for one the Rogue meetings and vice-versa. I'm just about to start my LED build for the new tank as soon as I finish the stand, canopy and find someone to weld (tig ?) up my aluminum framework for me. It will be Part 2 of my build thread and the most complicated thing I've ever done for any of my systems. Hey its a long way to come for a beer/ale even a good one, but your welcome to visit anytime Bret.

Cheers, Todd

Back