No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Monti Mcgwire swears he's not on steroids!
mark-mcgwire-congress.jpg

Great photos Brett!! You guys really can take some good pictures!! I have 3 camera's and they all come out the same! Crappy :p!

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Great photos Brett!! You guys really can take some good pictures!! I have 3 camera's and they all come out the same! Crappy :p!

Man it took me three years to find the right settings to take a decent photo, then I changed to LED's from halides and the camera had to be tuned again. The only reason they turned out half decent is I totally cheated. I turned off my return, and my tunze's so there was no water movement. Then I stuck the camera on a tripod and used a wireless remote to snap the picks. My unsteady finger can even make a photo blurry from me doing nothing more than pressing the button...

HOWEVER, I didn't photoshop or adjust anything after taking the pics, they went straight from the SD card to the photobucket acct.

I'll snap a couple more photos today. I have this lobo that is green and pink with purple mouths:eek:

We will see if I can get a decent pic of it.....

Alright, here is about the best photo I could get of this guy. Its hard to tell, but the mouths are purple. This photo is un-doctored. From the SD card to the PB acct.

DSC_0425.jpg

Love your fish tank, hope clown loves it too :) hey if you ever frag those mushrooms type things in the fourth picture let me know :)

Love your fish tank, hope clown loves it too :) hey if you ever frag those mushrooms type things in the fourth picture let me know :)

You bet! I fragged them once and they were so mad about it they shriveled up and looked like crap for two weeks. I tossed a rock in the middle of the colony last night, as soon as one grabs onto the rock I'll give you a shout!

Wow your tank is looking great! That LED light is awesome. Is it easier on your eyes? I need to watch the UV exposure on my eyeballs. You found a good gluten free IPA? I know a few interested parties. I think you should take up home brewing and use the CO2 in the calcium reactor :) Of course to get a steady supply of CO2 you would have to brew a ton of beer.
Kate

Wow your tank is looking great! That LED light is awesome. Is it easier on your eyes? I need to watch the UV exposure on my eyeballs. You found a good gluten free IPA? I know a few interested parties. I think you should take up home brewing and use the CO2 in the calcium reactor :) Of course to get a steady supply of CO2 you would have to brew a ton of beer.
Kate

Thanks Kate! I have thought about it, but I just don't have the time. Budweiser makes a g.f. beer that is actually pretty darn good. Its called Red bridge. I'm not much of a beer drinker anymore but I had one the other day and you cannot tell its a wheat-less beer at all.

Finally snapped a half decent photo of this guy. I have literally THOUSANDS of mini stars in my tank that have eaten all my coraline algae, as well as my zoa's and even attacked my acans. I picked up this guy about 10 days ago and haven't seen him until this morning. I was worried he was a goner. Hopefully things will get under control with this guy in combination with my new 10" stainless steel tweezers I am using to remove the stars manually.

DSC_0449-1.jpg

Finally picked up a naso tang tonight and also a copperband butterfly. Both acclimated nicely and are already swimming out and about the tank. The lights are too blue for pictures tonight, but I'll snap some in the morning....

Alright, Its getting kinda hard to do a full tank shot now that everything is kinda crammed in there, so I broke it up into multiple photo's..... Enjoy!

FTS
DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0020-3.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0018-2.jpg

DSC_0017-2.jpg

Looking good Brett! The tank has really filled out nicely.

Glad to see all the LPS and Leathers seem to be doing fine under the LEDs, I am (hopefully) getting my new lights this week and am getting anxious to see them on the tank.

Edit: What is the green stuff growing on the overflows?

Last edited:
Looking good Brett! The tank has really filled out nicely.

Glad to see all the LPS and Leathers seem to be doing fine under the LEDs, I am (hopefully) getting my new lights this week and am getting anxious to see them on the tank.

Edit: What is the green stuff growing on the overflows?

The green stuff is star polyps. I should have glued them lower down. They don't grow nearly as fast since they are so close to the surface. I wanted to cover the back wall entirely with them.

As for the LEDs the softies and LPS do fine but they REALLY grow SPS. My fixture also has two t5's. I was talking to somebody and they mentioned that LPS and Softies may not like LED because they don't put any UV, so maybe my success is with the addition of UV thanks to the t-5s. Who knows.... Thanks for the complements BTW. What kind of lighting did you go with?

Posted via Tapatalk on iPhone 4.

Back