Saltyfish's Skimmer Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i will post pictures soon, A little tired today and havent done much. probably tomorrow morning...

Matt

any local plastic company....

oh, sorry I meant the reading material. information resources. I've done some searches off and on for months as i've been curious on how someone knows how to build these things.

Why did you have to order some of the parts for this skimmer?

Thanks,
Tom

oh, sorry I meant the reading material. information resources. I've done some searches off and on for months as i've been curious on how someone knows how to build these things.

Why did you have to order some of the parts for this skimmer?

Thanks,
Tom

I used all 1/4'' wall Cell Cast tube which is around $40 per ln ft and is special order. (its a quality thing) no extruded acrylic for me...

I taught myself how to build these things... Look for my build on Saltyfish's Calcium Reactor next!!!

Matt, that thing looks wild bro! Nice work and looks very clean too. Can't wait to see pics of it running.

I cant wait to see some pics of it running! Nice work.

Ditto, I am sick today but I keep getting out of bed to see pictures. Sorry Matt dont mean to bug but it is like when you buy a new car and you canct drive it because you dont have insurence.

Wood is almost gone, I need more!

Ditto, I am sick today but I keep getting out of bed to see pictures. Sorry Matt dont mean to bug but it is like when you buy a new car and you canct drive it because you dont have insurence.

Wood is almost gone, I need more!

OK OK OK here are some pictures of it running... It hasnt broke in yet, but will soon! when it starts skimming hard I will post pictures!!

first pics of the silencers I built for it. (nice and cleen looking)

skimmer041.jpg

skimmer042.jpg

skimmer044.jpg

skimmer043.jpg

skimmer039.jpg

skimmer040.jpg

That is pulling some serious air! WOW

I cant wait to see the crud

Thank you Matt

BTW how is the noise of the pump? Can you hear the pump over the skimmer itself?

That is pulling some serious air! WOW

I cant wait to see the crud

Thank you Matt

BTW how is the noise of the pump? Can you hear the pump over the skimmer itself?

It pulls massive amounts of air, I put a 1.5''bulkhead in for the pump just incase a hammerhead pump would run it better but let me tell you this thing has plenty of power!!! the Pump is very quiet just one of my genex mak-4 pumps is louder then the whole skimmer including the air intake...

Your gonna love this thing its sweet!!!

Matt

Very cool, Noise is a concern of mine. Some pumps have the humming noise to them and there is no way to get rid of it.

The CR you are building for me has the same brand pump right?

Very cool, Noise is a concern of mine. Some pumps have the humming noise to them and there is no way to get rid of it.

The CR you are building for me has the same brand pump right?

yes and they are near silent... much better than a magdrive...

Matt

skimmer

Hey Matt I want one of those skimmers. Very good quallity as good as it gets. The people following this thread who hasn't seen it up close and in person. Has no idea of the quality of this skimmer the pics don't do it justice at all. Can't wait to see it in action after it's broke in. By the way Matt could you build mine just a tad smaller. GOOD JOB

Back