tangs....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here is our Sailfin tang and Naso tang.

Copy2of100_63002.jpg

Copy10of100_63002.jpg

The difference between mine and Brendons tang is mine is just a Naso Tang, not a blonde tang. (mines smarter)

i love that sailfin, Goby!!!! that is a real showfish!!!!

balogh03-the sailfin is about 5in long, and when he opens up hes about 8in up/down.

auqua man-how big is your naso? from the darker coloring it looks like a baby

ron-thank you! we have had him for a few years now. we rescued this guy from Dennys Pet World as well as the tangs. They have done amazingly well!! He does always show up the other fish though... never beats them up, just puffs up and goes grrrrr lol

Last edited:
what do you think?, could a yellow tang, and 4 blue tangs that have been in my tank for almost a year get allong with a new naso tang??

how big is your tank? we had a hippo (at the time) and three yellow tangs when we added the sailfin. We have a 200. Atm, we have two yellows, a naso and the sailfin.

i think that it really depends on how aggressive the tangs are and how many other fish you have to keep the bioload down.

auqua man-how big is your naso? from the darker coloring it looks smaller
Yes he is small around 2 " I have had him 1 month now I told the wife I might need a much larger system in the near future to accommodate him LOL
blame it on the tang.:) :)

Last edited:
I have 4 hippos, a yellow tang, 3 green chromis, and two clownfish!!
I was worried about the bioload so I built a 100 galon box only for add more water volume to my system:D . I dont know if that was a good idea:doubt:

my old IAP 90..Now they are in the Cube

I have all the tangs in here except for the powder blue. They are much larger now.
They are Scopus Tang, Hipo (regal) tang, Naso tang, purple tang, yellow tang,

Last edited:
all those Zebrasoma's got along in that tank ????? that is pretty cool!!!!!!

Yep, They do quite well together.

all those Zebrasoma's got along in that tank ????? that is pretty cool!!!!!!

Yes, The largest tang (Dominant) tang was the Naso. My Hipo (Regal) is catching up with Naso. So he may become dominant. They get along quite well. Feeding time is a frenzy. My Majestic Angel thinks he is a tang now. When its feeding time, they fly around my 4ft cube like they are doing a Nascar Race chasing New Life Spectrum Pellets. Food rarely hits the ground in my tank.

cool!!! i always like seeing people defy the odds and actually have a bunch of tangs living together peacefully!!!!

i plan on geting a baby blue tank some day,

if thats any contribuation

Back