tangs....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here are a few updated pics of my 2 hippo's and powder brown in my 125g..they are a little blurry..i still need to figure out some camera settings:eek:ops

i've been toying with some camera settings..these are a little better..these guys don't leave each others side all day!!!!

:p Slickdonkey, Your hippo is awsome! It looks like you told her to pose for you.

Haha, I wish! Notice I had to use the flash in order to use a faster shutter speed... but it still turned out ok; I won't show you the other 29 pictures that didn't.

Small Fry

Well Augustus & Gang Here is my 2 new Tangs they have just finished being in QT and here they are in my SPS tank. The first one was about 1 week before the second one. I wanted them to be the same size so they would grow up together here is their debut: First contestant is a Ctenochaetus tominiensis,Bristletooth Tomini Tang and the second one is Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis, Chevron Tang.
They are getting settled In to there new home. I wish the pictures were better...Jeff

well Jeff, i see a big problem!!!! those monti caps look too big..send me some!!!! J/K...nice tangs!!!!!!!!!

those monti caps look too big..

They are and thats were the Tomini Tang sleeps at night It small enought to fit inside it :rolleyes:
I hope they start mowing the yard :cry:

well Jeff, i see a big problem!!!! those monti caps look too big..send me some!!!! J/K...nice tangs!!!!!!!!!

Jeff,
I see another problem. That Chevron is too damn good looking. He looks awesome. Merry X mas Buddy! That is definitely a nice gift. I may have to get one of those.

Merry X mas Buddy!

Thanks Ed Both of them were My Birthday presents I just got them early That Chevron was quite the gift! It hailed from Cristmas Island :eek:
Ok here is two more shots....Jeff

Jeff,
I see another problem. That Chevron is too damn good looking. He looks awesome. Merry X mas Buddy! That is definitely a nice gift. I may have to get one of those.

Right on man! I think that i am going to get a chevron aswell, becuase of there small size and awsome color.
good luck:)

-augustus

The one thing about Chevron Tangs is that once they reach adulthood they loose a lot of their pretty colors :( But regardless they're awesome looking when juveniles, I hope you do enjoy them for a longtime.

Last edited:
Hey apprentice, are those all yours?
-chevron
-tomini
-scopas
-powderblue
-blue(regal)
-tenent
-purple
& copperbanded?

If so, i am so jealous:)
-augustus

i like that atlantic blue...i used to not care for them, but i really like them now!! how fsat is your birdsnest coral growing??? i just got one..it seems to be growing pretty fsat..i was just wondering what to expect

RE:how fast is your birdsnest coral growing???

Hi Ron it doubles size every year with no dosing just plain old water changes :D
Now back to Augustus tang thread. :)

i like that atlantic blue...i used to not care for them, but i really like them now!! how fsat is your birdsnest coral growing??? i just got one..it seems to be growing pretty fsat..i was just wondering what to expect

Back