The Class Act Aquarium Stand

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I just found your build thread here and all I can say is WOW! I do believe Hubby is getting some new tools for his birthday, along with a link to this thread. Mr. Nana will either be praising you or cursing you shortly....lol

*lol*

THx for the great compliment. If Mr. Nana finds that he could use a hand or some help with building something like this, I would be more than happy to lend a hand and maybe even a few beers. :D I still have most of the build notes on the notepad. Always try and keep notes.

Gotta get back to the movie and drinks. Cheers
Alex

That reflector looks awesome!! Did you paint that black or is that how it comes?? :)

THx Krish. This is actually how the Lumen Max Elite reflectors come. The black that you can see goes up to a quick release mounting. Very cool design and might help if I ever need to take the reflectors out for maintenance.

Very nice build! How much did you pay for that reflector from BR??

MSRP is $164.95 for each reflector. Of course BR is awesome. I will be having two of these reflectors along with some LEDs for moonlighting and using some CREE LEDs for actinic.

And yes the reflectors are spendy but well worth it for light output and PAR readings even being 32" away from the bottom of the tank. It will be like the sun is shining all year round in the house with these babies on the tank :D

Nice thing with the reflectors is they accept either a 175w 250w or a 400w bulb. And the ballasts I plan on purchasing will have the option of running either the 175 or 250w bulb. I may go with a dual 250w just for bulb choices are better with 250 versus a 175w.

Sorry to say, but the build has been on hiatus for the past month. :( But between birthdays, anniversary getaway and the darned weather, I just haven't had the time to finish the build.

I did make it down to BR on Friday and ordered up the second reflector and glass covers for the reflectors. And after today (wife's B-Day) I hope to go full steam ahead with this darn build once again. :D At least while funds are permitting.

Hey Alex, come on man the suspense is killin us! I need for you to finish so I can copy all your good ideas before I complete my electrical layout. Give me a call if you need an extra hand or someone to stand around with a beer in hand to observe. Seriously though you and Peppie are who inspired me to take my time and really do it right this go-around on my new system.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks Todd,
I am proud to see that my efforts have inspired people. Seeing your quality of work makes your comment that much better.
I to am waiting to see the results of this build. Quality work!!!!

Thanks Todd and Peppie for the compliments. :0) Hope to get this build finished sooner rather than later. Seems that I am loosing my motivationb and really need to get it started up again.

So I must apologize to the RF community for keeping everyone who has been following my build in suspense. Seems that the motivation when I started this build has dwindled away a lot in the past few weeks. I don't know if it is the weather or just the fact of not working for the past 2+ years, but I hope to get this thing finished up soon.

Of course after that I will have to see where my motivation stands. Reason being is I have been contemplating leaving the hobby after this build. Of course then why did I go through all this effort, Dunno? I hope seeing the new Bigger tank will get my motivation for the hobby back into full swing, I hope.

Thank you to everyone who has and continues to show support for my build.
Alex

Alex-

No need to apologize mate. Finish your current project and then step back. I took a 6 month break after my last 180 fiasco and am back now with an easily managed 75 and am going a completely different route for my "hobby." Sometimes you just need a break from the constant demands required from this hobby. Perhaps filling this tank with a new type of reef or something you haven't done before will help refresh things.

Hey Alex, No worries my friend just take your time and find a new direction to peak your interest once again. I have certainly gone through many phases in Reefkeeping over the years and changing things up always seems to satisfy a yearning mind. I'd be happy to share a few hundred ideas for a new direction for your system :blah::peace:

Cheers, Todd

So I must apologize to the RF community for keeping everyone who has been following my build in suspense. Seems that the motivation when I started this build has dwindled away a lot in the past few weeks. I don't know if it is the weather or just the fact of not working for the past 2+ years, but I hope to get this thing finished up soon.

Of course after that I will have to see where my motivation stands. Reason being is I have been contemplating leaving the hobby after this build. Of course then why did I go through all this effort, Dunno? I hope seeing the new Bigger tank will get my motivation for the hobby back into full swing, I hope.

Thank you to everyone who has and continues to show support for my build.
Alex

Sounds like you need to make a trip over here to the Bahamas Alex. We'll go diving and get your interests back into the hobby :D

Sometimes we have to go without something before we can realize how much we miss it.
At times in my woodworking I get stuck in a non motivated state. I take a break. Then I start thinking, what if....
For me it isnt sou lie about the finished product, It is all about the hunt.
The hood on my tank works just fine. But I can make it better...

Back