The Sickness Continues

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

true, but with auto top-off on smaller systems, you can run into salinity problems. I pull 1 - 3 g/day, but it has no reall effect on salinity. But running real wet means my skimmer will shut down until I can empty the collection bucket.

yep, it's true... i like the beer colored skimmate more than the coffee colored stuff...but only because of the increased rate of waste removal that usually accompanies the lighter stuff. if you can skim at an increased rate and still achieve dark skimmate, then good for you:)
i think it's all relative to load and feeding...

btw todd, i can feel the pimpin' smack down vibes your new cube is emanating...lol

are you gonna skin that stand or leave it open?
i like the open look of the lumenarc...

It will eventually get skinned with an exotic just haven't decided what yet...I better hurry before I upgrade again :lol::lol::lol:

I really like the open luminarc look as well, I might put one of the new T5 sticks behind it for a daylight and night time effect though, but it shouldn't interfere with the esthetics.

true, but with auto top-off on smaller systems, you can run into salinity problems. I pull 1 - 3 g/day, but it has no reall effect on salinity. But running real wet means my skimmer will shut down until I can empty the collection bucket.

I have been keeping a close watch on that...one of my fears as well on a small system like this. I'm still working on that "sweet spot" still getting about the same as yesterday's skimmate.

Failed to get that FTS up last week, here it is now...my corallin has really taken off in the last few days, I will post a new FTS this weekend along with a shot of the Bubble Master at work (It is doing great).

DSC_6284Large.jpg

Glass looks kinda green JK.
Hay pal, on the LR. If you want a few chunks let me know we can pull some out of the sump. Got a good 100lbs floating around with critters, stars etc. Looking good

:lol: no kidding. we have been at it with Victory Ale and Stoli Elit for half the night. I really like that clean look.

any time. cubists really play my tune. I don't make great beer, but I have unlimited access to it! The Rogue Old Crustacean will be out soon....

Back