Todd's 125g Build ( Part 1 = Cherry Stand )

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I got a chance to see the room last night and i cant wait to see the finished project.. gonna be awesome...

Sent from ruk's MoPho

Well hardest part of the tiling is complete (10s/f where tank will sit) and of course that is where the not-so-self-leveling %#!*! was the worst. Anyway the Other Half pretty much ordered me to be done with tiling and have this rooms furniture O-U-T of HER livingroom by Thanksgiving Day. NO PRESSURE AT ALL, GOOD THING I HAD NO FISHIN' PLANS IN THE WORKS. I am doing my best to make this room (Man-Cave) really nice as it is also my Doghouse.

Cheers, Todd

Anyway the Other Half pretty much ordered me to be done with tiling and have this rooms furniture O-U-T of HER livingroom by Thanksgiving Day.

Sounds like I better get off my lazy butt and finish my honey do's so I can get up there to help with your electrical.

On a side note. Robin and I have talked about turning my old 65 back into a reef and its pretty much a go provided I can coax Ethan into getting rid of the two fish in it. I really need to quit hanging out with reefers so much. Your all a bad influence on me.

Thanks Frank, and I salute you back & Dave & Don & Alex & Bill & Mike's & Guerry &&&... I am very impressed with the number of truely talented craftsmen we have on this site and would still enjoy being a member even if I didn't have a reeftank. Just about to start my canopy build for the tank which will challenge my structural engineering skills a bit, will have the fascia (front & sides) be stand alone seperate from the hinged aluminum frame top for the LED's. I want to be able to slide it off and out of the way for maintenance, built the stand just to the height the top of tank comes to my armpit for full access without a ladder/stool. The internal structure will be the slide and rim support for the lid to rest on. Mulling over contacting you for some of that floor-finish you use to topcoat the stand and canopy with. Dave really liked it and endorses as well.

Cheers, Todd

Well... as usual my progress has been kind of slow, but making sure everything is level as can be is taking it's own sweet time.

IMGP4638.jpg

You know the feelin' that there are lil elves or something messin around with your projects when your not looking... here is proof
IMGP4617.jpg

but, after a little detective work I found my helper, I guess she did not like all the tile being level so maybe stand on the corner of a few to fix em
IMGP4632.jpg

Cheers, Todd

Looking great Todd. I know all to well about little helpers. :lol: Have one myself.

Cheers,
Alex

Back