Well your going to think I'm crazy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Sounds braced enough to me. Im only spanning 2 joists with my 215g and its as level as level can get. I was looking at your tank when i was picking up some water, youre gonna need a skimmer. Have you thought about what your gonna get?
Oh, my moms the same way...hahaha

Well I have the big one on the 180 right now that I will use and the one in the 90, when I take it down, that is rated for 150. Two is better than one! Right! for now.

Ummm, lol. If ya think. Id say it wont hurt anything other than the power bill. But then again, 1 big skimmer is probably going to use about as much power for the pumps as a pair of skimmers...right? Dang it...wheres skimmy. I DID NOT SAY WHERES WALDO!!!...hahaha

How did I miss this thread for over a week? Congratulations Lorrie. Go ahead and get a Cadillac, errr, I mean a Bubble King skimmer. I've known three people that could afford them and have never once heard any of them complain that it wasn't worth it. I just inherited a used BK 250 with my tank swap and so far I can tell you, its the best skimmer I'll ever own.

Well I have the bubble master 200 on the 180 right now. So that is going on the 250. Then I have a pretty good size reef octopus. I think the two will handle it for a while.

I just might have to check with OBD about a new one.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I just saw what the bubble kings are running in price.

Yeah! not getting one of those right now!

The two skimmers should do just fine for a while. This will be a fun one to follow along with.

BTW, do you need a tank room addition to house all your filtration? It will make the display tank ultra silent. :p

Yeah, thats exactly what I need. A room say, ummm 14' x 26'. When can you get started? Can you have it done by the 4th? lol!

I think pretty soon she is just going to have a sleep room attached to her public aquarium!

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

I think pretty soon she is just going to have a sleep room attached to her public aquarium!

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Haha...that was my thought with that size room. It would be my new bedroom and turn my current bedroom into the fishroom.

Yeah, thats exactly what I need. A room say, ummm 14' x 26'. When can you get started? Can you have it done by the 4th? lol!

It should be 26' X 51' I can get started this coming Monday. I will need $15000 down. Here's the kicker. I will have it done by the 3rd

of feb 2016

It should be 26' X 51' I can get started this coming Monday. I will need $15000 down. Here's the kicker. I will have it done by the 3rd

of feb 2016

Dang thats a whole nother house. Just one question. Would it be stick built or acrylic?

Okay, so I need some flow in this thing.
What is everyones suggestion and opinion on power heads?
I am trying to decide so far between koralia evolution 1400's or the tunze 6045's.
Any suggestions?

Ihave a couple of the Koralia Evo's and they work great. The spread is nice, powerful with out causing polyps to close up. Tunze doesn't make anything I wouldn't like to have. Cost vs perf the Koralia are great pumps in both aspects.

Okay, so here's what I am thinking.
4 evolution 1400's hooked up to 2 Hydor Koralia SmartWave Circulation Pump Timers.
Do you think 4 pumps will be enough? I'm kinda thinking 2 more down behind the rocks to keep everythings from settling back there.

Lorrie, I am curious, why are you deciding to go with the power heads after your 180 was a closed loop. You have that big Reeflo Hammerhead running the loop on your 180, right? The reason I am interested is because I am planning on going with a CL in my new 150 build and am not planning on any power heads at all. Am just trying to understand why you are moving away from CL to PH.
Thanks
Ichy
Okay, so here's what I am thinking.
4 evolution 1400's hooked up to 2 Hydor Koralia SmartWave Circulation Pump Timers.
Do you think 4 pumps will be enough? I'm kinda thinking 2 more down behind the rocks to keep everythings from settling back there.

Back