Fishroom Frezny

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

"Honey Do's" That is my excuse Dave, but your a smart man none the less as you are plenty aware of the ole saying 'When the Mama isn't happy... no one is happy' I'm finally nearing the end of my ever changing list and in between some Salmon fishing will get back to the shop and build my damn canopy and get my ATO & RO/DI systems in garage up and running.

Cheers, Todd

Just got done reading your entire thread. You have got some great "imaginative" ideas! Im going to be watching this build of yours. I got your pm by the way. Thank you. I may just be calling you.

Glad to hear you jumped on board to watch. This will be a long drawn out build. At some time I will divide it into lights, tank, stand, ect. My goal is to have this system up and running by the end of next summer. Money always seams to be an issue. LOL
Call any time after 5pm

"Honey Do's" That is my excuse Dave, but your a smart man none the less as you are plenty aware of the ole saying 'When the Mama isn't happy... no one is happy' I'm finally nearing the end of my ever changing list and in between some Salmon fishing will get back to the shop and build my damn canopy and get my ATO & RO/DI systems in garage up and running.

Cheers, Todd

Todd, that is funny! I was thinking of you when I typed that in. I guess it is a curse for us who are able to do so many DIYs. The more you know how to do, the more Momma expects us to do.
Looking forward to your canopy build. I assume it will be built with cherry??
I would think the RO/DI would have been on the Honey-Do list long ago. LOL

Pusher Man

That's how pushers do it they get you strung out then cut you off.......so i have heard. But he learned from one of the best......MoJo:)

That's how pushers do it they get you strung out then cut you off.......so i have heard. But he learned from one of the best......MoJo:)

If there is anybody who is very good at leaving EVERYBODY hanging on what his system is to look like and how it is to work with all these different gizmos.
It would be you Spinner ( King of the,almost enough info ) LOL

I can honesty say that sometimes i don't know untill the end...lol

I have spent almost 1 1/2 years now on forums and the % of quality DIY'ers to members count here is really good. All it takes is one picture, one new idea and you spark someone's imagination....." Thats what it's about to me"

Get your chores done and get back to building!!!!!!

I would like nothing better than to get back to my build.
I have installed new windows in the house, painted the house, removed a 15year old trash pile ( I'm a closet hoarder ) Moved my sons household. Still need to install rock work on the front of the house/mailbox, Face a 8'x3' steel stand, build a custom cube stand, 2 aggravation boards. Paint the front door black.
With all of that going on I still need to find time to feed the dog!!!!!

NC2WA-I appreciate the fix. Very nice and very nice of you to share with the rest of us.

Peppie-I appreciate where you are at it was just nice to log on and see what you were going to do next. I appreciate the work that you are doing and am still looiking forward to seeing you head toward completion. I have a feeling that even when operational you will never be done. So i guess I will jst kick back and wait to see what you come up with next.

MMeritt,

I most likely will be added my 6.5 inch Queen angelfish (has been in QT for 6wks) either tomorrow or Sunday...so keep checking back...:)

Just thought I would post a small update.
I picked up the steel for my stand yesterday. 60' of 2''X2''X1/4'' tubing for the legs and cross-members. And 20' of 2''X3" X3/16'' for the top support.
The tank has grown a little more. I want to place the sumps under the tank. That means I need 25'' between the legs. That will make the tank 60''X58''X30'' tall. Near 450gal.

Sorry no pics of the stand drawing, The napkin it was drawn on got ran thru the washer, then the dog ate it.
Should have some pics of it in a few weeks!!

Update!!!
I had a huge commitment today. I began cutting the steel for the stand. I can say for sure that the numbers are forged in steel. LOL
The new (and finale ) dimensions of the tank are..... (drum roll) 66'' long X 58'' front to back X 30'' tall!! That will put me near 500gallons.

After speaking with Nick, I was instructed to champfer all the ends of the tube at a 45deg by 1/4'' wide. This will give him plenty of meat to lay down a nice fat bead.
SteelStand010_zps257c9b09.jpg

SteelStand009_zps1091c102.jpg

I cut 8 legs at 37'' and beveled all the ends
SteelStand001_zpse77b29ee.jpg

Couple of pics of the top rails
SteelStand003_zps39f5730a.jpg

SteelStand002_zps96c33ca4.jpg

I will need some gussets to keep the stand from racking. I cut them with a thin disc mounted on a 4 1/2'' grinder
SteelStand006_zps8026f29b.jpg

SteelStand007_zpsa88e9da3.jpg

SteelStand008_zpseddd674f.jpg

I know.. you can tell how big it really is.
SteelStand012_zps7f36e407.jpg

So I put a typical trashcan in for size
SteelStand014_zps96386bd8.jpg

SteelStand013_zpse01a24db.jpg

Well that is a good start. I will post more updates as soon as I can get more time.

Dang, Dave. Your tank keeps getting bigger. And the stand looks like it is going to be awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

WOOOOooooooo thats gonna be nice.......an aquascaper dream:phone: You alway's do such quality!

I have had many dreams of aquascaping a tank of this size. That will be one of my favorite parts of this build.
The stand is pretty much cut and dry. Square tube, almost square stand, BORING. Metal is not my media of choice to be creative with.

now that is how u clean steel. u need to give eric a few pointers. ps ocean's by design ate up all my wire and gas. are we doing this next weekend or week after?

and dont worry about racking thats what ratchet straps are for i broke 1 of mikes yesterday. he would go to harbor freight.

now that is how u clean steel. u need to give eric a few pointers. ps ocean's by design ate up all my wire and gas. are we doing this next weekend or week after?

Thanks Nick, It will be the weekend AFTER next. The second weekend in Oct. I still have a few Qs before I cut the remaining parts to size. I will give you a ring Monday afternoon.

Back