Fishroom Frezny

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nice...welcome to the club..looks like your new tank will be close to my gallonage (if that is a word)..lol..

where did u get the yellow face bf? IMO, the only ones that are hardy are from hawaii
Thanks for the welcome Kirk. Not quite a member yet. Lets just say I am filling out the application. LOL

Got the Butterfly from Barrier. Dont know where they got it. He is eating like a pig twice a day, and not a spot on him.
I am feeding mysis,and spirulina brine soaked in garlic, and a touch of Beta-1,3/1,6-d-glucan

I was in BRA yesterday and ask about them...they are from Indo not hawaii...they are a great schoaling fish...I've had 4 before and are a great fish that is reef safe.

Now that the DT has been moved to the garage I will have to rework the fishroom. Looks like I will have to move the water barrels. Maybe to the other side of the fishroom wall.

This new change has got my head spinning with new ideas. Gotta love this hobby!!! LOL

You are so in your element here buddy. You just wouldn't be happy without change and new projects to keep your mind busy.

Are you going to go with the entire tank in the garage and a picture frame viewing panel on the room side or will some of the tank be in the room and some in the garage? I think the latter gives the best of both worlds, great room side viewing (including some from the sides) and all the messy end in the garage/fish room. The 4' front to back will be awesome for great depth perception of rockwork and such.

You are so in your element here buddy. You just wouldn't be happy without change and new projects to keep your mind busy.

Are you going to go with the entire tank in the garage and a picture frame viewing panel on the room side or will some of the tank be in the room and some in the garage? I think the latter gives the best of both worlds, great room side viewing (including some from the sides) and all the messy end in the garage/fish room. The 4' front to back will be awesome for great depth perception of rockwork and such.

The entire tank will be in the garage. Logistics for it to be part in and part out are mind boggling. Nellie wants the clean smooth look for the livingroom side. OK by me!
I will need to build an elevated platform around the tank to have good access for maint. Bottom of the tank will sit about 48'' off the garage floor. That will put the top of the tank at about 78''.

Wish my skimmer wasnt so tall!!!! LOL That and the placement of the Frag Tank has thrown me a curve.
Might have to have you ( Eric ) and Mojo over this coming weekend for a Pow Wow.

dave,

if you remember when you visited, my tank is more than 4ft off the garage floor, just wield yourself a sturdy steel stand and u should be good to go...

:D

(that and get yourself a ladder) LOL

I think (the plan for now) is to build the platform 4' off the floor and make it 12'' wider than the tank on three side, so I am able to walk around the tank. That will also allow me to bend over to do mait. inside the tank. How many people can say that??? LOL

I take your skimmer:)

You are right peppie the skimmer and sump don't work with the new plan. We are on our way now to pick up:)

Attachments

• boomer_on_a_date.jpg
    boomer_on_a_date.jpg
    11.9 KB
You are right peppie the skimmer and sump don't work with the new plan. We are on our way now to pick up:)

Your going to need a trailer for that Rice Burner. LOL
Dont worry I will not be down sizing my home made skimmer. I will knock a wall out if I need to. LOL

yup..sounds like a plan..i have an 18 in walkout on 3 sides and take my shirt off to get into the tank...cuz i know it is gonna get wet anyways...lol

yup..sounds like a plan..i have an 18 in walkout on 3 sides and take my shirt off to get into the tank...cuz i know it is gonna get wet anyways...lol

Is your walkout the same height of the bottom of your tank?

I Dont mind getting wet when the water is at 78 deg. LOL

hmmmm...now that would be a question for Jason (CFI), he built it...LOL.....I will see if I can find/measure it.

21 days without an update? I have been living vacariously through you and I find myself going through withdrawals.

LOL, MMERITT28,
I wish I had some good progress to report, but unfortunately my honey-do list has gotten in the way. Not to mention life's little setbacks. Then add on the prior commitments in the wood shop. I can go on but you get the idea.
Its a good thing I already have a couple of tanks up and running. LOL

merritt,

if you are bored, log on to my webcam and see my little slice of ocean. :) LOL

Just got done reading your entire thread. You have got some great "imaginative" ideas! Im going to be watching this build of yours. I got your pm by the way. Thank you. I may just be calling you.

Back