Gimmito 450 gal L-shaped display

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daa1bd37f79146d38ae69bca6765b8e2

Pic of 5" vent for the tank. I was thinking of using a panasonic 800 cfm whisper quite fan to vent the rear and adding 2 ice cap fans to vent the hood. Any thoughts ?

I was thinking of doing a mix of vortechs and tunzes also. Maybe 4 vortechs, some tunzes in some deco rocks, a wave box, & wavyseas or sea swirls in the corners. I want to plumb everything so that its pretty much hidden or not that noticeable.

Pass on the Sea Swirls. I like the WS because it is fully controlable as in speed and the start and stop point. It's great!

Java,

I actually have 5 whisper quite fans throughout the house (3 baths, 1 media closet, & 1 water closet). The funny thing is the whisperlite in the water closet is the loudest one...go and figure. I'm not sure if its how it's vented because they all are 800 cfm.

My only concern is rust, I'm thinking of spraying the duct work w/rustoleum...any thoughts ?

Java,

I actually have 5 whisper quite fans throughout the house (3 baths, 1 media closet, & 1 water closet). The funny thing is the whisperlite in the water closet is the loudest one...go and figure. I'm not sure if its how it's vented because they all are 800 cfm.

My only concern is rust, I'm thinking of spraying the duct work w/rustoleum...any thoughts ?

If the duct work is Aluminum you dont have to worry about rust. Just a thought but might be worth the extra money for peace of mind.

8f4fb7f36d2f4eb3961307fba6b88d50

I bought this truvu prop tank off a fellow reefer who just had no room for it. It's still in the original plastic and measures 4' x 2' x 12". I have a tunze 9075 laying around and I was thinking of hooking up (2) 6055 nano streams to it. I'm also thinking of a ati bubble master 160 or vertex 180 for the skimmer. Lighting is something I'm open to...maybe a sunlight dual 150 mh w/ dual 54 watt T5's ? I'm thinking of making a sump/fuge out of a 40 gal breeder or buying a one. I have a eheim 1260 laying around for the return.

Let me know what you guys think !

Nice pick up Gittmo. It will make a great Prop tank. If you can you can plumb it to your main system. One less system to worry about. I would go with at least 175w halides. You just have more option on bulbs than you would with 150. Alos too Just MHO too save on electricity cost just use either MH or the T-5 lighting. It is only a prop tank so no need for the MH/T-5 combo. Something to think about. Cutting cost anywhere you can especially electricity in this hobby helps out more than you notice.

Sarang,

I hear what you're saying about plumbing the pt w/the main system. Although, I can bank everything in the pt if something happens to the main system. I'm exploring T5 setups also, a friend in the business has a aquatinics TX5 and constellation for sale. What did you think about the rest of the equipment ?

Update:

I bought a used H&S A100/F2000 skimmer and a new vortech mp40 gen2 pump to go w/my other vortech...I think I'll have pretty good flow in there. I'll probably get a 20 long or 40 breeder for the sump/fuge. I'm really thinking of getting a MH/T5 combo for the lighting...let me know if you guys hear of any deals. I hope to build the stand some time next week. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

gimmito I started following your build thread and I am impressed. When you'll were talking about the ventilation duct work, did you ever consider using PVC pipe? As for the Aluminum you will have white corrosion and the galvanized will rust out as it did in our greenhouse. Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

gimmito I started following your build thread and I am impressed. When you'll were talking about the ventilation duct work, did you ever consider using PVC pipe? As for the Aluminum you will have white corrosion and the galvanized will rust out as it did in our greenhouse. Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

Palancar,

Thanks for the advice. I had'nt thought about using pvc or abs for duct work. It sounds great, my only concern is if it meets local building codes. I have'nt had my final inspection for the house yet ! :eek:

Back