No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I added an achillies tang over the weekend. He broke out in ich and gave it to all the other fish and everyone died. thanks for asking.

As i read this, not for a second discounting it, I thought "you idiot, I told you so."

Hurry up with them pics!

Alright, as promised:

Lights:
DSC_0150.jpg

and the fowleri, or fowler, or horseshoe tang:
DSC_0608.jpg

WITH HOPES HIS ADULT COLORATION WILL BE MORE LIKE THIS:
fowler2.jpg

are they known to "NIP" at stuff??
My bicolor blennys quickly got a taste for SPS polpys..

Last edited:
So you must be planning on keeping softies with all those nippers you got there...j/k Awesome selection of fish! I love the mystery and that tang is very cool!:)

thought I'd toss up a couple photos of stuff Im working on.

First.... The achillies acclimating in a five gallon bucket:

DSC_0654.jpg

DSC_0652.jpg

NEXT, The FUGE REACTOR

For a fuge I wanted it to be seperate from the sumps. I was also thinking of designing it in a way that would allow for live rock, but prevent detritus from being trapped below, also just as in a carbon, phosphate or calcium reactor I wanted to maximize the contact time for the algaes to suck up the nitrates and phosphates in the water. Heres what I came up with.

I should add, I havent added any algae yet as I dont have any.

DSC_0660.jpg

The water is carried into the refugium through a 3/4" pvc. I cut a plug to spray like a lawn sprinkler on the end of the 3/4" PVC. The water sprays out across the bottom of the tank and prevents a build up of detritus. Above this is the egg crate and rocks for places for pods and stars to live. I will add algae there. Finally there is an overflow back to the main sump. The flow is entirely controlled by a ball valve.

DSC_0658.jpg

DSC_0657.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0656.jpg

Back