No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beautiful Achilles Tang! Congrats on the raffle win!

I didn't know credit scores go that low though...

thanks! As for credit scores I think 450 is lowest. I just saw the 420 thing on a bumper sticker of a beat up crappy car and I laughed out loud.

you'd look better inside me!LOL

WOW! I'm not going to even touch that one......

I think its time for an update

Oh wow, I think I know the reason for the NGBMOTM pary, lol. If you meant what I think you did, that is sick.

Come on you guys. We can all fit in the tent. It has a sky light so you can watch the stars.
Looking good brett and nice rics. I have some of that off the wall mill-eye when your ready.
I have thur and fri off. Give me a shout

Thanks bro, Ill have you over for sure. We can do a "NGBMOTM Party" at my house.:badgrin:

Great finally a party just for me! I missed this thread somehow. Must have been during softball season.

Great looking set up. I am still trying to push the kids out the door for college so I can dedicate a entire room for my equipment. Of course by the time I get them off to college I will be broke so I wont need an entire room just for equipment!

Please give us some updates....

uh, lets see....

I added a african pygmy angel, and some chromis. I finally hooked up the ATO, and I have decided to forget about SPS.

I will keep maybe an Oregon tort frag, and a purple bansi, but thats about it. Im going for shrooms n rics, LPS and thats about it.

Ok, so here's an update with pic to follow.

I set the lighting system up with three 400w PFO HQI ballast, three luminbrite reflectors, and three HELIOS bulbs. Helios are like Radiums as in they are designed to be fired on HQI ballasts.

Unfortunately, they have been having some issues.
I was warned by numerous people, but I ordered them anyways. I should have gone radiums!

One was firing pink, the other two icey blue. I out the pinkish bulb in the center reflector and after a couple months started to get hair algae in the center of the tank, I now also hair algae on the left side of the tank because that bulb is bad.

The right side however is great, clean rock, healthy corals. As soon as I can afford new bulbs I'll buy some.

In the mean time Ill take some photos so you can see what I am fighting.

The corals however are doing great. I got some frags from SalmonSlayer, Steven11, Herefishyfish and they are all doing great things.

I am a little embarrased of my tank due to all the algae bloomin. Post #150 explains this.

Im gonna post some pics anyways..... Im busting out the camera right now.

I tried... I gotta start a thread on the photography section. I cannot get the white balance or the other settings figured out.

Here we go!

midasblenny.jpg

onyv.jpg

onyx.jpg

Back