OCD Reefer's New 50 gallon Tank Thread..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

oh man going to be tired at work tomorrow, but tank is up and running and some livestock stock has been transferred over! Only thing I still need is my Vortech and I'm good to go! Pictures to follow!

So everything but my clams seem to have made the move over to the new tank just fine (pretty sure the clams are as good as dead...sad) I ordered my MP20 today and it should be here in three days! Here is a picture of the rock scaping I did in a dusty cloud but I think i like it. Was going to add about 10-20 pounds of live rock but i think I changed my mind.

Sry photo is with my iphone camera
tank1.jpg

Looks GOOD!!! Hopefully your clams will pull through. Loke the aquascaping as well. I am really starting to like the look of tanks with less rock.

So everything but my clams seem to have made the move over to the new tank just fine (pretty sure the clams are as good as dead...sad) I ordered my MP20 today and it should be here in three days! Here is a picture of the rock scaping I did in a dusty cloud but I think i like it. Was going to add about 10-20 pounds of live rock but i think I changed my mind.

Sry photo is with my iphone camera
tank1.jpg

nice tank:)are u talking about the maxima:shock::(

Got my MP20 hooked up today, pretty cool pump. Also treated my SPS for red bug with an interceptor dip and glued them to the rockscaping. Small project to get the interceptor and more $$$ then I had hoped.... PLZ NO MORE RED BUGS!!!!

After watching this thing in action, I really am sold on it. I did add a K1 to the far side of my tank. The Mp10 is 1,500 GPH and the Mp20 is 2,000 and the Mp40w is 3,200. Besides that and the size of the unit, they are the same. (and of corse costs) I would go with the Mp10 only if I had a 30 gallon or less tank, and would go with the Mp40 if anything bigger then a 40 gallon...

do u think i can get away with mp10?i dont have sps,only bunch of lps and zoas....it should be ok right?maybe i can just put 1 powerhead on the other side...

Looking good! Mike did a great job on the stand and canopy. I saw it when I was over there a while ago. That is a pimped out 50g. About the vortech go with the MP20 you can always upgrade to the 40 down the road when you eventually will go bigger:lol::lol::lol:.

Thanks Roscoe, I am very happy about the tank and furniture, it was exactly what I wanted! I hear you on that Mp40 upgrade.... Already thinking about it :)

Here is my Goby, Shrimp pair.... my Firefly fish also lives in this cave

other fish I have include:

Tiny Salfin Tang
Target Goby
2 Bangeii Cardinal
2 Black Clowns
Royal Gamma
Bi-color blenny

Fish to be added

Flaser wrasse
Leapord wrasse
some neon gobies

StripedGoby.jpg

Tank is great. Just added some amazing colonies, pictures to fallow.

Only Issues:

-have had two fish die randomly since I set this tank up
-After running the vortech at 100%, in pulse mode, it stripped half the flesh off of two SPS. Moral of the story the Mp10 will work just fine.

I have 33 gallon with SPS and clam mix. I am trying to decide if I want to go with MP10 or MP20. I am mostly concerned about the noise level. Should I go with MP20 and crank the power down or is MP10 strong and quiet enough for the 33 cube?

I have no idea.... I only have the Mp20, it it pretty quiet. I imagine the mp10 is also quiet

Hello all. Nice tank OCDreefer. I have a MP10 in my 60 cube. I have a mainly sps tank and run it on reef surge at 75% power. Lotsa flow.. get it or the others you wont be dissatisfied.

Back