Peppie's 180 Reef-Room

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So then a six foot long by three foot deep by 30 inch tall tank will take its place? That would be a real nice 270 gallon display tank.

I can deal with the 30'' tall, and even go 48'' deep, but the 72'' long will not fit in the hole I have in the wall.
I will have to work with 297gal and be happy with it. LOL

What are the dimensions you are thinking of going with now Dave? Will this aquarium ever get built or will it be in a perpetual state of change? :D

What are the dimensions you are thinking of going with now Dave? Will this aquarium ever get built or will it be in a perpetual state of change? :D

LOL Eric,
I have often wondered myself if this build would ever get going or happen. But now I am at the point of no return.
When I bought this 180 off of Ty for this build I kinda felt like I was cheating, cause I wasnt building the tank.
Well now I can sleep better at night knowing That it is a true DIY. LOL

Purposed dimensions ( for now ) 52'' X 44'' X 30'' tall.

Sounds like a nice tank. Take a look at Class Clowns build for a bit of "almost the same foot print" inspiration. Shooting you a PM.

with those measurements at 297g...are you gonna have an external overflow? Need to get that build into the large tank forum as 297g is really spittin hairs!

There will be 2 external overflows. 1 on each side of the tank. Dual Coast to Coast.
I wont be moving the thread. "THAT" would be spitting hairs! LOL

Dave I said before the only reason I chose to post my 300dd in the large tank forum is when I was doing research it was hard to find large builds. I'm gonna say it a responsabilty that you move it to the large tank forum so others to follow can readily find it! You already have some great stuff there and no doubt in the end it will be a gold mine of information!

Dave I said before the only reason I chose to post my 300dd in the large tank forum is when I was doing research it was hard to find large builds. I'm gonna say it a responsabilty that you move it to the large tank forum so others to follow can readily find it! You already have some great stuff there and no doubt in the end it will be a gold mine of information!

I will consider posting the construction of the 296 acrylic in the large tank forum. But the system build will stay here.

What fishroom isnt complete with without a Frag Tank.
Here is the platform

There will be another stand and tank next to it, down the road a bit

You can see how I put this frag tank together here.

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f70/acrylic-frag-cage-build-64666/

The next part is getting some flow in the FT. I used this spinner the last time I had this tank up and running. (Thanks Spinner) I liked how it worked so well I decided to use it once again. Only this time it will be plumbed in from the top od the tank instead of the bottom.

I showed some pics of this on a different forum. PVC fittings are very restrictive. I want to open things up a bit.

This thin wall pvc should help a little

The loc line nozzels at the bottom of the divider wall are hooked to a max jet 1200 for a small closed loop, that draws water from the back side of the divider wall.

Spinner buddy this is for you.

This is a "Gadget Brace" for the overhead plumbing manafold

NOW YOUR TALKEN i like that blue! and your gonna like the spinner up high will give you some great surface action:)

I was down at Dave's house this afternoon to pick up a canopy he built for me. Impressive to say the least..Pics dont justice the magnitude of this operation...Good job Dave !!!

Back