Scooties Project "X"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh one more question, that feature of being able to change the time intervals, can that be added or done when it becomes available?

Yes the programmer is just a seperate item.
As to the details, I have the timers and parts but not the box with hanging flanges. I do have one without if you want to do it quickly. I will just pm you a quote.

The timing If I have it right, starting with on power up.

Delay halide one 15 minute (this is a power failure restrike delay)
Start halide one and remain on for 8 hours /off for 15 hours and 45 minutes

Delay halide two 2 and 15 minutes hours
Start halide two and remain on for 8 hours / off for 15 hour and 45 minutes

Then of course just keeps looping. Sound right?

Don

Thats it Don, simple but efficient.

I like the idea that I can get the programmer later, just in case I want to tweak the timing for some reason. On the Box, If you can get it within a week or two, I'd say lets get it so I can mount it next to the other panels, I can get by with what I have for now on one light.

Just Pm me when you get the the numbers, well take care of that part by pm.

More flow!
Well If there is anything I've learned about plumbing & Pumps, How to get more flow!
If you remember a while back I upped the size of the intake of main pump return, going from 1" inlet to 1 1/2" inlet, this instantly increased the flow dramatically. Well I had the parts to increase the PVC size of in outlet, going from 3/4" to 1" which the same happened, I have to throttle the pump back a good bit more now as I can't drain it quick enough, sure glad I changed the Impeller to the smaller size LOL, I bet I'd be flowing 500gph more If I did. I did this for two reason, one to slightly reroute the PVC & two to hopefully reduce the outlet restrictions, which I did but now I just have more flow than I need again LOL, talk about when I need to stir things up for cleaning, that will do it big time. I might look for a smaller pump later to reduce the flow, noise & heat even though they aren't nearly as bad as before It would help IMO.

If I would of known that It would have to traverse all that water, I would of had you install a Prop & & GPS system so it could find Its way here with the proper coordinates, heck with the mail system!
Looks clean BTW!

Thought I'd post up some pics with my new/used camera.
Nikon D70, Tokina AT-X Pro 28-80mm 1:2.8 Nikon SB 600 Flash
This isn't a Macro Lens but I did my best with a tripod, I cropped a few so that made the blurry show up even more so. I'll get the right Macro set-up after Christmas.

Yea It does stay fairly clean looking, think I may need to run carbon to polish it some!
I got photo critiqued, think I'll try again tonight, I should of been able to get the fish sharper, he just isn't as easy as taking pics of the Cat.:rolleyes:

Little help!

Well Been practicing a few shots & think this one came out a way moucho better!:eek:

I'm Selling Dori because I plan on getting a few more smaller species, come feeding time It will be easier & less poops to clean up, I will miss her but I have plans!

Let me try this!

Dori-2.jpg

uhh that last picture is a nice one :) .
what other fishes are you gonna put in there dood? ( i don't remember if you already said it :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back