tangs....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have never had a tang do that before, but my trigger will move anything that he doesnt like :lol:

-augustus

heres a shot of "some" of my tangs :)
endview-1.jpg
[/IMG]

the unicorn is being shy
1 unicorn 11"
1 male naso streamers 9"
3 convicts
1 desjardini sailfin
1 powder blue
1 purple
5 yellows

I think thats all of them anyway:lol:

reefkoi,
Very nice tang tank. What size tank is that? It looks like a pretty aggressive bunch. How is it going having that many zebrasoma sp. altogether? Did you add them all at once?

I ask because I have a dejardinii that is rough on newcomers, but I would like to add a yellow or purple but I am not sure if the sailfin would let it happen.

that is a VERY nice looking tank!!!!!! i love that mix of tangs that you have..very colorful!!!!!!

thanks guys, its a 600. The purple was first, then the 5 yellows were all added 1 day, then I added a sailfin. Later on the others. The only fighting is between the yellows from time to time chase each other. The convict chase each other sometimes also. The other tangs never seem aggressive to any other fish. I dont feel I could add another zebrasoma at this time though. I was given a healthy scopas from a guy tearing his tank down. I knew it was risky but tried anyway, they had it shredded and dead within 24 hours.
Yeah I felt really bad, and never would have bought another Zebra sp. but he had to give it to me as part of the package I bought and it needed to go that day.
I've had all these tangs together since late 2005 so I think it proves if you have enough water and introduce several of a specias at one time you can be succesful sometimes.

I have a sailfin and kole, will try to get pics soon when I figure out how to post them. I want to add a 3rd tang, tank is 180g. Any ideas? The sailfin is the boss of the tank, thing eats like a trigger.

i would get one with a brighter color to mix it up some.... maybe a hippo or powder blue

Ahhhh let's see how to say this without hurting any feelings.....I heard that powder blues are, well, bad asses........I have lot's of meek fish.....and hippos are they not harder to take care of? Just what I have heard, that is why we are out here asking............

hippo's are easy to take care of, so long as they are properly qt'd....all fish should be qt'd anyway though..hippo's are not one of the more aggresive tangs...powder browns look nice as well..mine has never shown any aggression at all to any of my other tangs...the powder blue would most likely be fine with the ones you already have..the aggression comes with mixing of the same species of tangs

Ok thanks! I love the powder blue myself. I just heard he would take over, and I already have one boss in the tank. Do you think our tank size is good for 3 tangs? I would also like to have a blue chinned trigger so with that in mind what do you think?

not sure about the trigger, but the tangs should be fine..i have 6 tangs in my 125g...i wouln't add any more than what i already have though.... if your sailfin is boss, i would get a powder blue that is equal in size to it, just to be on the safe side..the sailfin could pick on it if you get a really small one..

a medium one would probably be fine..most PB's don't take crap from other fish..if it is small though, it may not be able to defend itself..just be sure to qt or you could have a big problem on your hands

Here's a notherone for you guys

Yellow Mimic Tang (Lemon Peel Angel mimic)

MimicTang.jpg

Fairly small, will turn brown eventually with yellow highlights, great grazer IME.

Back