The Sickness Continues

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just read all 18 pages. Amazing tank!! Giving me more and more ideas....lol. It's definitely time to upgrade from my 75. Well, time to start saving money to upgrade anyway...that'll give me lots of time for planning!! Thanks for the great info and pics!!!

Thanks! I really like this AO rimless tank, I can stare at it for hours and not get bored...next upgrade is an aluminum stand (I have a buddy that welds aluminum, used to make ships) with light bracket. I also plan on having CFI make me a custom sump.

Hey what's going on Todd. Lets see some updated pics of your tank.

Ok, here is a FTS from tonight...

DSC_6890Large.jpg

Here are a few more for a different perspective...

DSC_6901Large.jpg

DSC_6940Large.jpg

DSC_6909Large.jpg

Grape is on the cap rock, color is ok but would probably be better if I got it up a bit.
I'm battling a bit of cyano these days:mad:

What are we looking at. You sure thats SF the glass looks kinda green LOL just JK. Looking good. Is there water in it. Its to clear turn the skimmy down.

Looks great. The Bubble Master looks like it is working well for you, must be all of the waste from that 6-line :D

I battled cyano for a while, I hate to say it, but Chemi-Clean took care of it in 2 days and it has not returned for months.

Todd, are you running a 250 or 400w bulb? I just got the stealth version from Roscoe and will be hooking it all up tomorrow. What bulb are you using currently? Thanks:)

Jayson

Looks great. The Bubble Master looks like it is working well for you, must be all of the waste from that 6-line :D

I battled cyano for a while, I hate to say it, but Chemi-Clean took care of it in 2 days and it has not returned for months.

Welcome to RF cpreefguy! Good to see you made it over to check out my thread. Yeah, the BM 160 has been doing pretty good, but you know we always got to keep up with the Jones' Your KZ is sweet looking, and if it performs as well as everyone claims I may just have to make the switch:rolleyes: I may just break down and do a chemi clean treatment on mine, this stuff is driving me crazy.

Todd, are you running a 250 or 400w bulb? I just got the stealth version from Roscoe and will be hooking it all up tomorrow. What bulb are you using currently? Thanks:)

Jayson

It's a 250W Radium 20k on an HQI ballast. Mine is on the non stealth version...should be making a switch to the stealth soon though.

I tried almost everything for my cyano, weekly 25% water changes, leaving my lights off for 3 days, siphoning the cyano out on a regular basis, etc... If you can get rid of it w/o Chemi-clean, more power to you, youre a better reefer than me lol

I hope the KZ works well also, although I only have a 6-line so we will see how much it even has to skim.

Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be here :D

I tried almost everything for my cyano, weekly 25% water changes, leaving my lights off for 3 days, siphoning the cyano out on a regular basis, etc... If you can get rid of it w/o Chemi-clean, more power to you, youre a better reefer than me lol

I hope the KZ works well also, although I only have a 6-line so we will see how much it even has to skim.

Thanks for the welcome, it's good to be here :D

I have a pair of sixlines and a Kole, fish are to supply poop for the corals :D
Time for some chemi-clean!
I'm sure you will enjoy the crowd here, not so much garbage as some of the other forums.

Back