SANDS 300 Semi-Cubed Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sandswhitson

We finally decided to upgrade...here it is! We found this tank on Reef Central and only had to drive to Memphis to get it!!:) This is the only size/shape that would fit well in our house. Dimensions are 48x48x30, making it semi-cubed. This is going to be a slow build, but thought we should start with some pictures! So here they are!! More to come as we progess!!

ourpics023.jpg

The tank in the back of the truck...made it from Memphis, TN to Lewiston, ID in one piece!

ourpics026.jpg

Set up in our downstairs living room.

ourpics028.jpg

Almost as tall as she is!

ourpics030.jpg

Me and the new wishing well!!

Nice! Cubes rock this looks like its gonna be a good build thread!
Can't wait to see the progress!!!

Thanks for sharing... I am getting more interested in deep tanks. I haven't seen a 48" one yet so this is way cool. Please keep the photos coming.

Well we have finally obtained some equipment for our tank. Slowly but surely.

We will be running one pump and use the other for a backup.
DSC00523.jpg

A couple of seaswirls for our return from the sump.
DSC00524.jpg

Two Tunze 6205's for flow to start with. Will add more later when needed.
They are being used in our 75 right now but turned down almost all the way. These pumps move some serious water. 5000GPH each.
DSC00525.jpg

Our new sump or refugium, I haven't decided yet. We purchased this tank, rock and other misc. goodies from Jerod in Spokane. Thanks again!
DSC00526.jpg

About 100LBS of rock with some nice big pieces.
DSC00527.jpg

A picture of the fish room where the sump/refugium and all the equipment will be.
Not much room to work with but better than nothing. I hope the new tank will fit!
DSC00528.jpg

OH fun rock!!! And all kinds of other stuff...LOL. We can't wait to see this tank in person. We finally have water and rock in our 200g....WOOHOO!!

Maybe I can talk Michael into coming down with me to Moscow, so that he can come and see your tank....hehehe.....LOL

As much as I have spent on everything so far that may have to be my lighting for a while. I wonder what kind of corals I could keep with them?? LOL!! You know you guys are welcome anytime. With my new job my schedule will be two weeks on two weeks off with a day each way of travel time.

Well nothing much new just thought that I would post some pics of some of the stuff that will be going into the 300 from our 75. returnofsid has convinced me that I need to spend MORE money and get a better camera, (thanks!) ours doesn't adjust white balance so the colors aren't what they should be. If reefing wasn't expensive enough now he has us looking at cameras.

DSC00561-1-1.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00501-1.jpg

DSC00500-1.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

Some corals show up good, some not so good. If you look at the Sunset Montipora it is really washed out but the piece above it shows good color. Also the purple haze is pretty washed out as well.

You know those two Tunze pumps is WWWAAAYYY to much flow with those Externals you got there..
You should let me take one off your hands LOL

Love your tank and corals!!
Looking forward to the BIG DOG!!!

Back