Well your going to think I'm crazy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Right on! I wish I could've been there. Or do i? with how heavy it looks :D
Its going to look amazing on that wall all lit up.
And I thought I was scared filling up the 55 with water :) mwaha

WOW! Congrats again Lorrie on another successful tank move. I'm thinking that I should just jump into a nice 450-600g DT to skip all these in between steps your going through...lol

Cheers, Todd

HAHA! Todd. go for it!
Yeah, I dont think I will ever be able to sell this one. No one will want to move it.

Congrats Lorie!
I have a small wager on who is going to get their tank wet first. You or....

Kpiotrowski
Myindoorocean
Stylaster
Spinner

All will be great builds to follow

Peppie I think I'm gonna win that one. I'll hopefully have some water in it in the next couple days, at least to test the closed loop plumbing. Does that count? Or does the tank have to be full?

Peppie I think I'm gonna win that one. I'll hopefully have some water in it in the next couple days, at least to test the closed loop plumbing. Does that count? Or does the tank have to be full?

If you pass the water test ( pics for proof) LOL YOU WIN!! As long as we see a pics of a cloudy FTS within a week.

Well I guess an inch of freshwater to clean the tank doesnt count either. I've got some cleaning and a little rerouting of plumbing to do.

When I do start filling it, its going to take me a couple weeks to fill it.

Well I guess an inch of freshwater to clean the tank doesnt count either. I've got some cleaning and a little rerouting of plumbing to do.

When I do start filling it, its going to take me a couple weeks to fill it.

Thought you had to add another elec. panel to handle all your plug-ins/ LOL
And, NO 1'' of cleaning water doesnt count for tank getting wet.

Todd - doooo it :)

Lorrie - just hook up the hose and let it rip!
Unless you have really crappy water then do the rodi I suppose.

Wait till its full to empty the X amount f bags into the water. I'd love to see the video of you slicing the bags and just pourin them in for mixing ;)

Todd - doooo it :)

Lorrie - just hook up the hose and let it rip!
Unless you have really crappy water then do the rodi I suppose.

Wait till its full to empty the X amount f bags into the water. I'd love to see the video of you slicing the bags and just pourin them in for mixing ;)

Well thats about the way it will be done. Only the hose will be 1/4" and hooked up to a RODI unit. Dont think its going to rip very fast. Once it is full, yes I will be adding many bags of salt. Dang, I'd better buy a couple more box's of salt.

I am having the floor worked on first. Adding to the floor joists and adding more support. 2600 lbs just makes me really nervous.

Lorrie, you should really think about using NSW then bumping it up to Reeftank levels. It runs about 1.019 +- and obviously a bit low on Calcium/Alk/Mg. The water is very clean/good on incoming tides to collect from off our beach and I'll be over there each weekend for a while completing remodel work. You can run a hang-on or canister filter with Chemi-Pure or just carbon to polish a bit first if you think needed. I did many W/C's on my 75g this way and most definitely plan on doing so for initial water fill when I step up in tank size. Any way when ready let me know and can bring all my salt buckets over and a pair of waders to get out to deeper/cleanest water.

Cheers, Todd

Thats a thought. Definately cheaper than buying salt. I am not going to do sps in this tank after all. I am sticking with my favorite lps and zoas.
But to be able to just go out to then end of the road and pump water into a 100 gal container in the back of my truck and then pump it into my tank, might work.

Todd, if your going to be over this weekend, I could really use your opinion on the floor support if you could stop by for a few minutes.

Yah, I'm waaay overdue for another visit your way and limited to what I can do work-wise til hand recovers so this would be a great break. I'll give you a call Saturday between mud coats on walls.

Cheers, Todd

Okay, the same guy that put the support under the floor the last time is coming out to double up the floor joists and add some more support for this tank. Plan is for the 23rd.
I am going to get the cleaning done in the meantime. And removing the lighting from the hood.

that would be awesome to have someone out there in a boat and with a generator, to get some clean NSW.
Have a 75ft hose and a pump, someone out about 50 feet in a little dingy. pumping water to the truck! hahaha

I did it once with 4 five gallon buckets... as todd said it did test a little low, I just added salt...

MAN that'd be fun filling up your tank like that.

Good luck lorrie, like I said I wanna see you dump all the salt in :D I thought mine was crazy filling mine... weighing out i think 14 things of salt. haha
can't wait to see it!

Back