Well your going to think I'm crazy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wasnt home a lot yesterday so the water didnt run much. There is 3.5" of water now.
It should be full by the end of this weekend.

Hey Lorrie, I'm heading back over your way again this weekend to start cabinet install... would you like me to bring some 5g buckets of RO/DI along, think I have 7 or 35 gallons worth ???

Cheers, Todd

Hey Todd, That would be cool, every gallon will help. If you can, you're welcome to.
I just havent been home a lot during the week and I am not running the water while I am not home, or not awake!

OK Lorrie, 35 gallons in back of my truck. We will be heading over tomorrow morning and once unloaded of family, puppies and tools I'll give you a call before heading your way. I think that today is the first time I've ever filled seven buckets without overfilling/flooding at least once... lol

Cheers, Todd

LOL! Good job! I would have forgotten about the water running and overflowed at least one of the buckets.

I'll be here!

Lorrie your so close to the sound just go dip some buckets and getter done already....lol. I really need to come see your tanks. You ever think about using the seattle aquarium water and bringing up the salinity? Or just are you like me and think it's to risky to depend on someone else for good water?

Well Bill, you could always fill up a few buckets of water and bring it over too! Every gallon will help.

I know a few people that use the seattle aquarium water and are having great results. However, for me, its a 2 hour commute each way, and 25$ in ferry tickets(w/commuter prices) and gas and would need a vehicle to manage 50+ gals of water at a time every couple weeks. Its just not economical.

Its not going to bad. Theres 60 gals in it as of last night. I turned it on at 7 am this morning. We'll see where it is tonight. I'm getting more and more anxious to get it filled too.
I need my 55 gal tank back for my new cichlid.

Well all that and you'd have to doctor up the water so it will meet reef standards. The salinity and ph are low in general and you'd want to run it all through a uv filter too. Because you don't want Coldwater pathogens in there as they could become invasive. I've used their water for top offs though with no problem.
Besides isn't anticipation part of the fun of a build:)
Well Bill, you could always fill up a few buckets of water and bring it over too! Every gallon will help.

I know a few people that use the seattle aquarium water and are having great results. However, for me, its a 2 hour commute each way, and 25$ in ferry tickets(w/commuter prices) and gas and would need a vehicle to manage 50+ gals of water at a time every couple weeks. Its just not economical.

Its not going to bad. Theres 60 gals in it as of last night. I turned it on at 7 am this morning. We'll see where it is tonight. I'm getting more and more anxious to get it filled too.
I need my 55 gal tank back for my new cichlid.

LOL...Yeah, Anticipation...thats the fun part!

Well with some help from TJL, I currently have 122+ gals in the tank. and the refugium is full.

I have to ask. Are you adding salt as you fill it? How about sand? Are you warming it up too?

Back