No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks guys! I'm still pretty bare on corals but I think this thing is ready to take off.

Whoa Brett!! Your photagraphy skills are improving by each click of the camera. Good looking mix of corals. Like how you RBTA decided to make itself the showpiece. Well, assuming it liked where you put it anyway.

Very nice!! Now, when you're shooting your fish, you'll need to speed up the shutter, in order to freeze the fish, and get rid of the blur. Because speeding up the shutter will allow less time for light to hit the sensor, the picture would turn out darker. To counter the faster shutter speed, open up the aperture a lil'. As mentioned earlier, that would be a lower Fstop number. Another option would be to step up the ISO, one step. I wouldn't recommend going over an ISO of 400 though, or you'll end up loosing some detail.

If you're slightly under exposed (dark), that's better than over exposed. Under exposure still retains all the detail and can be corrected in Photoshop, easily. Over exposure blows out details that can never be recovered.

Sheesh, great to see your tank!!!

Nice job Brett. I do like the configuration of your rock. Nice layout. It will provide lots of space for all the life to flourish. Thanks for posting...hey, we gotta slam some brewski's with J one of these days yo.

Later Gator,
Greg

Hey thanks alot guys for all the nice complements. I am still kinda embarrased of it. Its really starting to take off though so hopefully soon it will be more photogenic.

Brett,
Tank is looking nice...

What is this coral?

DSC_0401-1.jpg

Are you still thinking of adding a Ritteri/Magnifica anemone to this, or have you just decided to go with the Rose BTA?

Sorry for not reading through the entire thread again, but what size is this tank?

Nick

Hey thanks Nick,

Its a 210. Same dimensions as a 180 but a bit taller. I'd love to keep a ritteri. Im keeping my eyes peeled. The RBTA has been a pretty good host for now.

As for the purple polyps, we'd better turn to roscoe. He hooked me up with them a few weeks back. Im hoping they cover the rock entirely.:)

Brett,
Tank is looking nice...

What is this coral?

DSC_0401-1.jpg

Are you still thinking of adding a Ritteri/Magnifica anemone to this, or have you just decided to go with the Rose BTA?

Sorry for not reading through the entire thread again, but what size is this tank?

Nick

By that i meant your living room! lol i thought there was only one page. Great thread and i'm loving the rock work.

Brett,
Tank is looking nice...

What is this coral?

DSC_0401-1.jpg

Nick

Hey thanks Nick,

Its a 210. Same dimensions as a 180 but a bit taller. I'd love to keep a ritteri. Im keeping my eyes peeled. The RBTA has been a pretty good host for now.

As for the purple polyps, we'd better turn to roscoe. He hooked me up with them a few weeks back. Im hoping they cover the rock entirely.:)

That is ATL blue clove polyps. That thing is a weed Brett!! That thing glows under acts. You think Xenias are fast growers. They will cover your rocks in no time.

Back