No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bluetang.jpg

buddies.jpg

Yeah I just had to get something up. Thats about as good as I can get them for now.

Brett...so what was the driving force behind your decision to go to a mixed tank..a few years ago..I got the idea that SPS only was the only way to go...Recently,i have observed many people who have decided to go to a mixed reef..I have never been a fan of SPS and have always been mixed myself...But am very curious to what made up your mind..I..Personally...enjoy the movement and harmony i see in a mixed reef..Is that what moved you?(WELL...THAT KIND OF SOUNDED ***)..but seriously?

For me a couple things, the short answer is I havent seen a tank like Dang's in awhile. Those tanks always inspire me to keep SPS.

Mostly, sps has become quite common in the hobby in the last couple years. The days of allowing your reef to establish a year before starting sps are long gone. People now are doing sps as their first corals in a 3 month old tank. All the softies and leathers are skipped over and I was starting to miss them. I do like the movement of the corals shaking in the current. I want to also downgrade my lighting for two reasons: lower power bill, and I want a more dim looking tank. Lower light corals kinda fit right in. Also I really like tanks that have no visible live rock, and xenia is a quick way to achive that.

It makes sense to me:lol:

I appreciate that answer...Xenia has taken over as far as to cover one of my k-4's...even the cord..I agree with the dimmer light and the shimmer of the corals...I will look forward to more pics as your tank progresses!..Thanks..Shane

Back