The Time Has Come!! 60 gal sps......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

:badgrin: yea sounding more like Krish to me! When ya moving to the Bahamas/:D

I got the schuran pico....pretty painless setup and dialed it in. only took one day!

How's the the yellow fuzzy? Did he make it?

That is the one I wanted, good CaRx for a smaller system. Who did you get it from?

As for the yellow fuzzy...He is still around...getting thin, still not eating, but hanging in there. It has been like 3 weeks since I last saw him eat, and his upper lip is still stuck out, but he is still hanging in there (barely) he must be eating something though.

That is the one I wanted, good CaRx for a smaller system. Who did you get it from?

As for the yellow fuzzy...He is still around...getting thin, still not eating, but hanging in there. It has been like 3 weeks since I last saw him eat, and his upper lip is still stuck out, but he is still hanging in there (barely) he must be eating something though.
Bought a whole system....reactor,dual gauge, CO2 tank(1/2 filled) and media from Bayabas for $200! Man that guy has a awesome tank!

Well, After my little disaster http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30167
The death toll came to: 8" colony of a.tizardi that i grew from a 2" frag, colony of whamming watermelon zoas, about 80 polyps, 3" frag of green slimer and of course all 4 stalks of that blasted xenia the started the whole thing! The rest is O.K. some color drop off and all the millies aren't as hairy as they were before. Also at night i see no amphipods at all!:eek: The tank was chock full of them before, don't know if the population will rebound or not.

Now I have to get my parameters in better order. All is testing good except Alk a little high (12.8dKH) and calcium a little low (380ppm). I use instant ocean and I've done easily 90% water change over the week so this isn't a real surprise. I am balancing them out now and then will have the calcium reactor take over again.

I wanna thank everyone for their support in this trying time!:) I have to give mad props to my homie Todd (disturbed reefer) for once again coming to my aid and holding some frags for me until my tank balances out. You are the schzinit man!:D

I try and get some pics up today , although I am not REAL proud of the tank at he moment.

Well, After my little disaster http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30167
The death toll came to: 8" colony of a.tizardi that i grew from a 2" frag, colony of whamming watermelon zoas, about 80 polyps, 3" frag of green slimer and of course all 4 stalks of that blasted xenia the started the whole thing! The rest is O.K. some color drop off and all the millies aren't as hairy as they were before. Also at night i see no amphipods at all!:eek: The tank was chock full of them before, don't know if the population will rebound or not.

Now I have to get my parameters in better order. All is testing good except Alk a little high (12.8dKH) and calcium a little low (380ppm). I use instant ocean and I've done easily 90% water change over the week so this isn't a real surprise. I am balancing them out now and then will have the calcium reactor take over again.

I wanna thank everyone for their support in this trying time!:) I have to give mad props to my homie Todd (disturbed reefer) for once again coming to my aid and holding some frags for me until my tank balances out. You are the schzinit man!:D

I try and get some pics up today , although I am not REAL proud of the tank at he moment.

Better hurry and get them params up...those corals look awfully good in my tank:badgrin:

I know I get a little lazy with update pics!:rolleyes:
Okay i took ONE! The close ups i'll try to do this weekend.

fts-3.jpg

Being the total slacker that i am i haven't kept up with this thread much. Current things happening with the tank.

The tank has recovered nicely from my Xenia disaster! I will never...NEVER...keep Xenia again.

I broke my calcium reactor!:mad:. Dropped it on the garage floor while i was adjusting the MJ 100 on it. Trying to repair it with weld on.

I have added in 3 new frags!:D One of which is an oregon tort. Always wanted one of these bad boyz. It is doing really well and looks AWESOME!

I also added in a zoo rock colony that the LFS labeled "steel blues" they aren't doing so hot right now. They haven't opened in the last 3 days. Hopefully they will recover.
In the near future i am going to rescape and then add in about 3-4 more frags.. looking for a green slimer if anyone has spare frags:D. In the near future I will have some frags of green digi and purple rim monti cap to get rid of so stay tuned!
Anyway on with the pics!:)

OREGON TORT :D
frag_2.jpg

Forgot the name of this one!
new-frag.jpg

Stylophora pistillata

frag_3.jpg

Steel Blues when they were opened.

dragoneye.jpg

Okay....updates!

I know....I know! I am a slacker when it comes to updates. Anyway for all you pm'd me about them....here ya go!

Full Tank Shot
P1010093.jpg

These are new frags i got in January. They were itty bitty but hey watching them grow is part of the fun......right??

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pics. I was cleaning my acrylic and didn't realize that sand got in between the magnets!:mad:

Last edited:
Back