No more conflicts of interest!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yeah I know.... Once I get the E-Blee-I angle caught I was thinking about a single moorish idol. I have kept one in the past and have ALOT of sponge on my rock. I would have put him in already but I am afraid the angle will nip at the streamers.

Yeah I know.... Once I get the E-Blee-I angle caught I was thinking about a single moorish idol. I have kept one in the past and have ALOT of sponge on my rock. I would have put him in already but I am afraid the angle will nip at the streamers.
I also have always wanted a Moorish. But I love my corals too much..

Just for fun heres mine

1 yellow tang
1 leopard wrasse
1 BIG lawnmower blenny
1 scooter blenny
2 yellow watchman goby's
1 blue jaw trigger
2 clown
1 chromie (trying to catch him but he's slick.)
1 diamond goby
3 anthias :) :)

I take the Steven11 approach to reef keeping. Overstock, Overfeed, and act like its all good!

Ouch, dont even have a tank right now and still getting burned. Overstock and overfeed is all perspective. And one day grasshoper, you will master this. I think I kept your stock list plus a couple more in my 75 with no problems for over two years and all leaving my care very healthy. You sir, have a lot more blood on your hands than I will ever have. Lets not even mention the lazer!

Oh, by the way. Are we hanging out this weekend?

Ok everybody, time for an update.

The Tunze setup is jammin! Crazy flow.

I took the canopy off the tank, rearranged the reflectors so they are more evenly spaced.

There was a bit of salt creep on all of my reflectors. I used some stainless steel refridgerator wipes. I buffed them out and they look pretty darn good.

I tossed in the 20K XM 250's and am fairly pleased. They are not blue enough, so I may still order the 22K's. I am going to wait another week in hopes that mabye they will shift.

I got another H20 change in the works, so hopefully I can get some photos posted.

Thanks
Brett

your setting up sound real good,,flow and light,,if you want to do initial flow set up 20-40 or 60 % is the best frrom the cont ,,just from my experienced,,then increase to 30-80 later if needed,,IMO

Ok everybody, time for an update.

I tossed in the 20K XM 250's and am fairly pleased. They are not blue enough, so I may still order the 22K's. I am going to wait another week in hopes that mabye they will shift.

Thanks
Brett

i think that my reeflux 20k got bluer after about a week . Looking good man .
Btw your foxface is looking good I like him alot . Thanks again

Some new frags!

I went shopping yesterday and got some pretty cool stuff:

Everything is still adjusting but I couldnt wait to post some pics!

ATL Golden eye Chalice:

DSC_0628.jpg

War coral:

DSC_0627.jpg

Purple Haze:

DSC_0629.jpg

Superman:

DSC_0636.jpg

MY FIRST ACANS!

DSC_0632.jpg

Some pretty bad ass zoas that need to open up:

DSC_0640.jpg

OMG!!!!:

DSC_0635.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

also got a couple bonus frags:

A monti that is supposed to turn purple, with white polyps:

DSC_0637.jpg

and some peach centered zoas:

DSC_0639.jpg

WHERE IS THE GLUE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DSC_0638.jpg

Thanks guys! I will be gluing and placing these guys before the game starts.

I will post some more photos when they are settled.

I also am going to see if I can find an old shot of my Monti so I can do a growth ****. It's been growing nutso.

I have been finally seeing some faster growth in some of my montiporas but I am a little worried I am starving them for light or something. I was running the 400s for around 4 hours a day. When I down graded to the 250s I only increased my photoperiod by one hour. I have since noticed in the last three weeks that my montis are growing shoots upwards but there is no scrolling, plating or encrusting.

Yeah Brett..are ya gonna be at the swap...I wanna get that algea holder from ya..Damn fish,half of the sheets end up floating ...I still think i need to get ya some $$ for it...Let us know!

Back